Timbo Slice

Reaction score
Visit site
Good Morning Everyone,

Looking for a way to mount my phone to my handlebars when I go to a bluetooth headset in the near future. How are most people with these Ram X-Grip mounts configuring their setup? Curious if people are using the handlebar clamp base using the M8 screws, or are just having it clamped to the bar itself.

TIA!

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a matter of personal preference. I have always used the fork stem base. If you are wanting to have the phone more "up and center", than one of the many bar bases or brake reservoir base might work better for you. Figure out where you want the phone in space, and then determine the best mount type to get it there.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
This is where I like mine the best:

Lttz78Q.jpg
VpkkP1k.jpg

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I use this. It's simple, there's no in between connection arms, and easy to move from bike to bike.
https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Tough-Claw-Universal-RAM-HOL-UN7-400U-Electronics/dp/B01CW8IUW2

I copied another member here and made a bar that goes above the gauges, behind the windscreen, attached to the top two inner fairing screws. Use a ~12" long piece of 3/4" copper pipe, flatten the two ends in a vise, and bend them to fit nice against the inner fairing. Attached the ram grip to that.