Rant: Graphic Art

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rant... for the last day or so I have been trying to do some vector art. just a simple design of 2 boxes and some words.. I am either just not capable or not putting enough time into it or something because I just can not get it. I am not artistically gifted and I get that, but I feel vector art is just cant be that difficult.. I know my way around coding and all.. maybe I'm just not get something about it, but I refuse to pay to have someone else do it... end rant...

anyone know of a good "how to" vector graphics??? or is it something that requires lots and lots of study?? :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Reading, examples, practice, and education. This is a software thing yes?

My work laptop has SolidWorks on it, I've made edits to existing projects done by others, yet left on my own, I can't make a basic tail tidy. Bends, radius, anchor points - fail....

So, its basic mechanical skills on paper to see how it looks.

I'm just saying - I think I can relate!

Jorosv

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, being a graphic designer and making a living out of it I gotta say people who think like you piss me off. Vector graphics require the knowledge and time to do them, I've been working with Illustrator the past 12 years and still everyday I find that you can learn something new.

I am not sure what prices you get over there for stuff like that, but really simple projects that require minimum amount of work for a designer are quite cheap here(talking about 15-25$) and you will have to put probably hours into something that will take me less than 1 full hour.

677dbe31-fdf1-4d8a-a03d-c1a25418b450

End counter rant.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, being a graphic designer and making a living out of it I gotta say people who think like you piss me off. Vector graphics require the knowledge and time to do them, I've been working with Illustrator the past 12 years and still everyday I find that you can learn something new.

I am not sure what prices you get over there for stuff like that, but really simple projects that require minimum amount of work for a designer are quite cheap here(talking about 15-25$) and you will have to put probably hours into something that will take me less than 1 full hour.

677dbe31-fdf1-4d8a-a03d-c1a25418b450

End counter rant.

Jorosy - No disrespect at all. I Know my way around HTML and PHP, but never learned the graphic portion of things. I knew that it would be a tad bit more difficult than learning it all in an afternoon. I assumed it took alot of work and patience to learn.

I am really looking for a simple logo design with 2 boxes and some text. might want to add 2 gears on the other end, but something simple. if you are available for contract, I would love to get some thoughts and a quote for work. (assuming its ok to be asking this on the board) :thumbup: