Removing the centerstand

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
So I removed the centerstand and the bolts that keep it in place. Now a quick question: On the right side the spring is attached to a metal 'clamp' which in turn is attached to the bike by 2 bolts.These bolts are really long... I think a around 15/20cm. Can I remove these or do they have to stay on the bike for some other purpose??

Thanks!
Bryan

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
So I removed the centerstand and the bolts that keep it in place. Now a quick question: On the right side the spring is attached to a metal 'clamp' which in turn is attached to the bike by 2 bolts.These bolts are really long... I think a around 15/20cm. Can I remove these or do they have to stay on the bike for some other purpose??

Thanks!
Bryan

It's been a while since I removed mine (and then reinstalled it a year later....) but I believe that I took the long bolts out.

BTW, if you reinstall it, having a spring tool (like from an drum brake tool kit) will really help out getting that spring back on.

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
A spring tool is handy indeed. I think I will only reassemble it during my winter break and I won't be needing the spring.

I just hope you are 100% sure about the bolts haha. Would hate to see my engine drop out of my bike whilst riding :cheer: