Restrictor Kit (33bhp/25kw) - £100 delivered

extreme601

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike shop messed up the order so I have two restrictor kits, selling the second one for a low price to get it gone.

This is a genuine Yamaha kit that can be fitted and/or removed in less than twenty minutes.

Certificates and instructions are provided.
This kit is for the 2004-2007 versions of the Yamaha FZ6.

Thanks very much for looking!

2ym6gia.jpg

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Why do you want to restrict it :confused:

On his side of the pond, new riders are restricted to 33bhp for a certain number of years, then they can unleash their bikes power once they've proven they can handle the basics. It's not a terrible idea for brand new riders. Personally, I'm glad I started out on a little 200cc, as despite my caution, there were a few times when I would've wrecked if I were on a 600cc+ bike. It's easier to learn to ride when you have little power on hand, so you can focus on the rest of riding. I know, some people learn just fine on the bigger bikes, but I'm betting most started out a bit smaller. :thumbup:

/End Threadjack

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
note that the restricted route is only if you take your tests on a 125, if you're over 21 then you can sit it on a 46.6+bhp machine and then ride anythign you like.

think the law's changing again though and you need to be 25 to do that!

extreme601

Reaction score
Visit site
It is indeed.

I think there'll be 4 stages: 50 max, 125 max, 250 max then de-restricted, each lasting two years or something like that.

Very glad I did it on the old system last year, I only have to wait 2 years :rolleyes:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
It's definitely a shame to have to do, but the law's pretty strict on it.

I've owned a 125 and a ZXR400 for almost two years so I can remove my kit in a few months, certainly looking forward to that day :)

i'm surprised your kit hasn't "fallen off", seems to be a common problem ;)

i don't think the new rules are set in stone yet, it's just a european directve so far i think

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
man i am glad we dont have that stuff here, all though i do agree with why, i just dont think it should HAVE to be for so long..

as my first street bike was an 03 honda 919. i could/should have had somthing a bit less but i am still here. and thankfull for it..

Premises187

Inquisitor
Reaction score
Visit site

I've owned a 125 and a ZXR400 for almost two years so I can remove my kit in a few months, certainly looking forward to that day :)

But I'm sure you gave the bike a bit of a hoon before fitting your restriction... right?

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious, how do these restrictor kits affect fuel mileage? Does it suddenly turn into a 60mpg bike, or is it just slower and inefficient?

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at the picture, it looks like maybe it simply limits your throttle...? So it's probably just the same as if you babied an unrestricted bike, and it's still a 40mpg bike... hmmm...

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

Is there any way to fake having it on your bike? I mean, does some gubberment official ride it to test it ... or is there some sort of sticker stuck on the side of the bike that indicates the restriction is in effect? Can it be faked that it is installed?

Just curious
Richard