Review: Color Changing Hyper LED Halo Projector Kit from Sportbikelites

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
Where to start...? I will post a separate review of the actual seller and manufacturer, but suffice it to say the customer service is as bad as their products.

I did not buy these lights from Sportbikelites.com directly, but to my suprise they were drop shipped from them anyway.

On the Sportbikelites website they are listed for $279.99. I ordered them from Fatbikez.com for $250.

My first mistake was that there's no mention about the type of projectors, ballasts, relay, or Xenon lights would be included. The projectors themselves looked like cheap China specials. The relay harness did not look reliable. The cheap tubing they put around the wires was cut at different lengths and looked more like leftovers they slapped on. The fuse boxes they had on them were so loose that any movement of the wires caused the lights to cut out. The ballasts were the ones that people try to sell as "the new and improved slim ballasts." They are blue, small and nondescript. There are no brand labels or warning labels as seen on most other products. The ballasts had an extension of the main body with a hole in it that looked like it would be used to mount them to the bike. Those came out of the box bent as if they had been used already.

The install diagram was not worth a whole lot, but it gave me a place to start. After some research and planning I made it work. There was definitely a lot of cutting and splicing that would be tough for someone with the knowledge or drive to learn. Also The toggle switch was pretty cheap and was not included in the diagram at all.

After getting it all wired up and installed I began putting the bike back together. Within 20 min my wife noticed the left headlight was not on. I found that when turning on the bike the left headlight would night always come on. After some trouble shooting I figured out that the left Xenon bulb was no good. In the process of trouble shooting I also noticed there were LEDs burnt out on both halo rings. At that point I decided they were a lost cause. I proceeded to take everything back apart and uninstall. Trying to get my money back has been another issue which I will write about in the seller review.

Do not waste your money. There are better kits available which after all my labor and the cost of shipping them back cost me more than just buying from a reputable seller in the first place.

Again, do not waste you time and money. You will not be satisfied with the results without feeling like you're settling.

Do not waste your money! (in case you missed it the first two times)
:spank: