Revised Planning Thread for the 2010 California FZ6 Rally

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Just noticed the updates and possible demise of our June ride. So...I would be willing to attempt to put something together for June.

I'm thinking, June 24 (Thursday) - June 29 (Tuesday). or June 10 (Thursday) - June 15 (Tuesday)

Vegasrider and the other SoCal riders could either take the 395 all the way up (620 miles from San Diego to Lake Tahoe on the 395, 2, 300 mile days) or...

nccoder, Vegasrider, PowellB and rsw81 could Ride to Ventura on June 24th or 10th, crash at my house (335 miles for vegas rider, 188 and less miles for the others).

Head off along the coast to Monterey on the 25th or 11th and hook up with Scenicware along the way (275 mi, some fun roads along the way).

Go from Monterey to Lake Tahoe on the 26th or 12th, meet up with DefyInertia and frt96 on the way (300 mi, DefyInertia and frt96 could show us some good roads in this area).

Spend the night at Tahoe on the 26th and 27th or 12th and 13th.

Head back to our respective homes on the 28th and 29th or 14th and 15th.

Let me know what you think and if there are any updates on those that are committed or are thinking about going:

Who has committed:
- nccoder (Cliff): San Diego, CA
- Vegasrider (Kenny): Las Vegas, NV (just guessing :confused:)
- PowellB - (Powell): Los Angeles, CA
- jtarkany - (John): Ventura, CA
- scenicware (Jon): Central Coast, CA
- frt96 (John): Penn Valley, CA

Who has shown interest and is currently undecided:
- DefyInertia (Nate): San Francisco, CA
- krid80 (Name please!!): Festus, MO
- Fred (Fred): Austin, TX
- jbwaterman84 (Name please!!): Seattle, WA
- mxgolf (Name please!!): Beaverton, OR

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
If the idea of Thursday - Tuesday doesn't appeal to anyone we could do a Sunday - Friday, June 20 - 25 or June 6 - 11
1Vegasrider and the other SoCal riders could either take the 395 all the way up (620 miles from San Diego to Lake Tahoe on the 395, 2, 300 mile days) or...

nccoder, Vegasrider, PowellB and rsw81 could Ride to Ventura on June 20th or 6th, crash at my house (335 miles for vegas rider, 188 and less miles for the others).

Head off along the coast to Monterey on the 21st or 7th and hook up with Scenicware along the way (275 mi, some fun roads along the way).

Go from Monterey to Lake Tahoe on the 22nd or 8th, meet up with DefyInertia and frt96 on the way (300 mi, DefyInertia and frt96 could show us some good roads in this area).

Spend the night at Tahoe on the 22nd and 23rd or 8th and 9th.

Head back to our respective homes on the 24th and 25th or 6th and 11th.

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am planning a trip down the west coast this summer. Won't be as early as June though. I'm thinking more along the lines of August or late July.

You guys doing only one of these this season?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I didn't realize this was being moved to the end of June from the original possible end of May to early June. I'll be moving to Boston in the middle of June and won't be around for this anymore. Have a great time, ride safe, and take lots of pictures...
Rob

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
West through southern BC then either through Vancouver on south or turn south before Vancouver.

Havent planned the trip out much yet past southern BC. But I know the roads in southern BC well enough to have an idea of my exact route through there. Unsure of roads any further south than that though.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
West through southern BC then either through Vancouver on south or turn south before Vancouver.

Havent planned the trip out much yet past southern BC. But I know the roads in southern BC well enough to have an idea of my exact route through there. Unsure of roads any further south than that though.

It'd be cool to link up and ride together. Let's keep in touch regarding this ride.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
Well it's looking like I'm out on the ride. I just started a new job a I don't have vacation untill a year is up. Have fun y'all and post tons of pics seeing as I don't think I will be able to do much for long rides this year I'm going to need get my fix from some place

S

scenicware

Hey Guys,

I am still up for a ride in mid June if it works out with you all. The sad news is that the FZ6 is gone but I would still like to ride with you if you don't leave me to far behind. I'll be on a thumper but would still like to go. I had to put in for my time off and could only get mid June around the 14th off.

Thanks,
Jon

S

scenicware

Riders,

I still plan on mid June heading up from the Central Coast towards Tahoe. Looks like based on the thread, the FZ6 CA Ride will either be in the beginning of June or towards the end of June. As I mentioned earlier, I had to put in for my days off because the available weeks was starting to get limited on what I could pick. I will keep checking back on the thread but at this time, I will most likely do my own ride in June and will miss you guys.

Thanks,
Jon

turbo311

Icanhazkustumyoozertitle?
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new here, so I don't know how this all works, but I might be interested. I'm in Sacramento, obviously.