Rick Mayer Seat

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My husband and I had one on our BMW 1150RT and it was the best! Really comfortable.
If you're looking at buying one already made, go for it...
if you're looking at having one made now, it could take a few months. :(

Last edited:

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
Instead of getting a new Rick Mayer seat maybe you should get a new butt. Might be cheaper. Sounds awfully expensive.

Ha! That or an FJR! Looked at the Day Long seat from Russell also.. Just doing some comparing.. I just got an Airhawk2 Pad, still fiddling with it to tune it in to my buttocks!

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
I had a Bill Mayer seat on my FZ6. Rick and Bill are brothers and are the son of the original founder of the Russell Daylong seat. Bill Mayer does, in my opinion, a more thorough and complete rebuild of the seat from the seat pan up than does his brother Rick who, by the way, has a very bad reputation in the long distance riding community for failing to complete jobs failing to respond to emails, and so forth. A true custom seat, which Bill Mayer and Russell Daylong are, are WELL worth the money. Its made specifically for you and your butt. I did several very long trips and long days on mine including an Iron Butt Bun Burner Gold (1500 miles in less than 24 hours). Butt fatigue is the biggest deal breaker for long rides.

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a Russell Day Long made for my BKing and it's like a LA Z BOY recliner. I can go all day and be comfortable. It was pricey (about $500) but well worth the spend if you do a lot of riding.
IMG_0426_zps3196e614.jpg

I had a Rick Mayer seat made at the same time for wifey's FZ6. She's 5'2"and needed a way to get lower in the saddle so she could touch with her feet. I also chopped the rear shock and got about and inch and a half lower with that. She enjoys riding, with the new seat, much more than before. Her's was about $400. I had them done in the winter time. It took about a month for each one to be completed. I went with the Rick Mayer on hers because I knew the Russell seat would not be able to get her low enough to touch. It raises me up about an inch and a half over the stock seat on my BKing.
20150830_214020.jpg

Last edited: