Ride on Hwy 25 to Hollister

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took advantage of the beautiful January weather on Monday and took a ride down to Hwy 25 between Hollister and King City. After riding through fog for the first hour, arriving in Hollister it cleared up and got into the low 70's. It was nice to be on dry, sticky pavement for the first time in months and I took advantage of the perfect conditions.

There were more bikes than cars on the road and except for the CHP plane that passed overhead the police presence was non existent. I had to cut the ride a little short due to my late start, but what a day!

I mounted my GoPro on the outside of my windshield for the first time but I think it made the video look a little frantic. On the plus side I didn't self incriminate myself showing the speedo this time. :spank: Hope some of you suffering from the winter doldrums enjoy a bit of California sunshine. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFKvAdp-k4]YouTube - Hwy 25 North to Hollister[/ame]

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! I'm jealous that I had to sit inside my office and look outside at the nice day on Monday.

I love the camera perspective without the instruments in the frame. It is a little bouncy, but otherwise looks great. Did you just suction cup mount it directly to the windscreen? Did you tether the camera?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Travis, I missed having you along too. :(
Up, just suctioned it to the windscreen with no safety ties (as per Vegasrider).
I'm thinking that maybe if I stuck it a little lower toward the nose of the windscreen that it may have helped.

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
Really nice ride!!
YOU said [I think it made the video look a little frantic]
but to me i could feel the wind on my helmet:rolleyes:
It was also cool to see your shadow:rockon:
and as the music got faster it felt like we were going faster too:eek:
Thanks a lot:cheer:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice video Lefty. Nice roads! I'll assume that was the GoPro HD. I borrowed my neighbors HD and now I want one. We have to get together for a ride. Funny, the time you guys were getting stopped by J.Peterson I was secretly getting my Zooki at the dealer. Goop (Bryan) texted me a picture as it was going down and I was signing papers and looking at the picture on my phone! Hahaha! :rockon:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, it is the HD GoPro. I'm still figuring out mounting options for it as it comes with some many ways to mount it. My wife mentioned with the HD how she could even see the cracks in the road when she watched the video this morning. :thumbup:
I'm glad Bryan had the foresight to send you a pic of us and officer Peterson since you couldn't be with us that day. :rof:
We do however, have to figure out how we can get together for a ride before July! :rockon: