Rider Down - FZ6 Totaled

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with everyone else and glad that you're OK. Another testement to ATGATT. I also agree with the distracted driver comments - we recently passed distracted driver laws that forbid talking on cellphones (except hands-free) or doing anything else that is a distraction. I think it's a good idea.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with everyone else and glad that you're OK. Another testement to ATGATT. I also agree with the distracted driver comments - we recently passed distracted driver laws that forbid talking on cellphones (except hands-free) or doing anything else that is a distraction. I think it's a good idea.

Ditto Bro! Hang in there.

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
glad you're ok and had all your gear! i also agree that the insurance company will likely low-ball you. in addition to the sites david mentioned below, it would not hurt to have some quotes from ebay and craigslist of bikes in similar condition to back up your estimate. good luck - dealing with insurance companies is almost worse than having the accident!

that sucks, glad you are not hurt.

the insurance company will offer a cash amount. tell them its too low and use nada.com, edmunds.com and kbb.com as proof. good luck

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
When I read a report like this it reminds me of all the distractions that are going on in cars today: cell phones, loud radios, etc., And just about anybody can get a driver's license. I've met people who can't keep their attention on any one thing for more than 5 seconds, and they drive!

We really need to ride defensively. Motorcycles give us better visibility and maneuverability than cars do. We should be using these advantages to stay clear of harms way.

Glad these riders were not hurt worse and hope we all learn something from their misfortunes.