Riding boots for ladies

kyanne

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same model as in Bren's pic and find them very comfortable maybe a little wide but in the winter I will be able to wear thicker socks... Probably not the best to walk for a long time though...

XTRAWLD

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: What r u wearing on ur feet?

I started out with Nitro Racing (Vega) Boots. At the time I was just a passenger. They are about a step above running shoes. I started riding, and they have very little support. I learned how little support when I dropped my bike on the driveway and my foot/ankle got crushed. Nothing broken, but honestly, it took nearly a full year for me to move it in every direction fully extended without pain.

I invested in some better boots (I sure hope so) and now have Joe Rocket Meteor boots. You can tell immediately how much better of a boot it is by the fact that you cannot grab the boot and torque it one way or the other. It's pretty solid. It has very hard ankle protection and secures with a zipper and then a huge clasp, instead of laces and velcro :rolleyes: on the Nitros. The only downside is that it is more difficult to walk around in these boots, because they are so solid without give. The previous boots were more like a shoe, and could walk around with ease when off the bike.

BikerG

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: What r u wearing on ur feet?

I originally wore Sidi's but now wear Alpinestars (best buy yet:thumbup:)...never ever trainers! :confused:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Im having trouble finding my gf riding boots that fit

She is apparently an unusual size. She is 5'7" not stick thin but not chubby beyonce figure i guess?. Has ridiculously tiny feet and im not taking her to the store again to go gear shopping because its just ends with her pissed off. :spank:

So we tried on lots of womens boots but because her feet are tiny at size 6 but her height makes her calves bigger then someone who wears a size 6. So boots at size 6 have NO space for any calf bigger then my wrist.....Ladies any suggestions?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Im having trouble finding my gf riding boots that fit

I have Berik GPX boots. This style, like lots of others, have the velcro AND a zip. Maybe she needs to loook at that style of boot, just in a small foot size. Mine are mens boots, but, again, smaller foot size.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site

OH you can use one or the other?? I thought it had to be zipped and velcroed. We are having trouble zipping these tiny things up.

And i wanted to try mens sizes but she would be a size 4 i think and i cant find any where that makes a size 4 mens.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You could velcro only, but I wouldn't recommend it. The zip is generous though - plenty of room. My GPX are waterproof so I have to zip and velcro. I don't have feet as small as your girlfriend and I know the sizing is different in Australia to the US, so I didn't have that much difficulty.

I think she has a long hunt for boots ahead of her and LOTS of different ones to try on.

Now jackets, is another story - that was a really hard search! Everything in Perth is pink and I don't do pink :)

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

i had to order my gf youth size off road boots because nothing else would fit her.

Here is what i just ordered her:

Moose Racing Youth M1 Boots - ATV - Motorcycle Superstore

2009_Moose_Racing_Youth_M1_Boots.jpg

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

So we tried on lots of womens boots but because her feet are tiny at size 6 but her height makes her calves bigger then someone who wears a size 6. So boots at size 6 have NO space for any calf bigger then my wrist.....Ladies any suggestions?

Have you tried a boot that doesn't go up to the calf? I have a pair of these:

Motorcycle Boots - Women's Vega Merge Motorcycle Boot

Problem here in Colorado is finding a place with any selection of womens gear to begin with! Good Luck

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site

I have the opposite problem of your girl, I have flippers for feet! :BLAA:

I ended up going to the Harley dealer, and found a pair that both tie and have a side zipper. They work well for me because I can lace them up and leave them. I use the zipper to put them on and off, and the laces are tucked in and I have never had trouble with them. I'm sure others will have something to say about laces, but they work well for me.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site

Good news just came back from the store and found these boots in size 5 which fit Cycle Gear: BILT Women's Monsoon Waterproof Leather Motorcycle Boots BLACK W5 BiLT monsoon water proof boots.

We got them for 40 bucks from cycle gear but i would have paid more if something with more protection fit. These were the only ones she could zip and velcro and she is happy with them. SHe said they stick to the peg like crazy and wont let her foot slide but i think that goes away once worn in. I just hope they hold up and protect.

I also picked up these kevlar jeans Shift Racing Women's Silhouette Pants - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore Shift racing kevlar riding jeans.

She loves the jeans, but again i wish it had knee pads or more padding or something.

But for now i have won the battle of making her wear some sort of protective gear for the lower half. Hopefully later i can talk her into better stuff.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site

probably some brands like sidi or dainese which have calf adjusters might have helped too :)

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site

mrphotoman- how does your girlfriend like those boots off the bike? Does she complain about walking around in them at all? I am thinking about getting mine a pair of MX boots but im a little concerned she wont want to wear them. I am trying to get out of buying the SMX5s that she wants $$$.

Last edited: