Question FZ-6 rattles in city driving?

StillOnAVTwin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys!
I am about to buy a FZ-6 (20k miles, 08 model), but it has some kind of sound I am not sure about:
Driving in the city I can hear a steady rattling/ticking sound, a bit like shaking some cereals in a container coming from the engine (I think it stopped when pulling in the clutch/or idling at a stop).
I tried to record the sound while stationary, I think you can hear it when I go on/let off the throttle. But I am not quite sure if it is the same sound.

Heard about the Yamatick, but it's quite audible when driving around town.

Is this normal? May this be valves or timing chain?
If this is normal, I may be one of yours soon (but need to change my username after that)
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
Other than it sounds like the idle is maybe a little high, it sounds about right, but then we are hearing what your mic pics up and our speakers let out, not what you hear.

fz600

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys!
I am about to buy a FZ-6 (20k miles, 08 model), but it has some kind of sound I am not sure about:
Driving in the city I can hear a steady rattling/ticking sound, a bit like shaking some cereals in a container coming from the engine (I think it stopped when pulling in the clutch/or idling at a stop).
I tried to record the sound while stationary, I think you can hear it when I go on/let off the throttle. But I am not quite sure if it is the same sound.

Heard about the Yamatick, but it's quite audible when driving around town.

Is this normal? May this be valves or timing chain?
If this is normal, I may be one of yours soon (but need to change my username after that)
Thanks!
check youtube on timeing chain tensioner process.