Riding posture as compared to "racing" bikes

Whigam17

Reaction score
Syracuse New York, but hail from Chicago, and hope
Visit site
Hi guys, was just wondering, is there a big difference in the riding posture youd be in between the FZ6 and a racing bike like the YZF R6? I have yet to trek to a dealer to actually sit on bikes. The handlebars seem a tad higher and the seat a tad lower on the FZ6, leading me to believe youd be more upright. Is the FZ6 technically a "crotch rocket"? lol sure looks like one to me. Thanks in advance! A friend of mine said I should look more into a "racing" bike, like the R6 or Suzuki GSX R600, but Im a little leary as I dont have much riding experience. As long as the FZ6 doesnt sit like a cruiser Im happy. Ive sat on two bikes, a harley (was ok, felt like I was on a giant tricycle lol) and a Honda CBR 1000 cc (lol didnt ride it, felt like I was gonna lay it down just looking at it). I definitely like the sport bike posture a lot more despite the gas tank on my chest, so am hoping the FZ6 has a hunched over riding posture. Sorry for the long post!

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
The riding posture is pretty much what you want it to be. You can sit upright when you want and lay on the tank if you feel like it. The FZ6 is considered a street bike, something like the old streetfighters, or even the cafe racers of the '80's. It's motor is based on that of the R6, but tuned to be more street friendly, bringing out the mid-range and reducing the peakiness of the R6, and is geared a tad lower.

If you haven't been on a bike much then you will want to test sit on many. If you can find a problem in the fit in the first few seconds then it will be magnified a hundred fold on a long trip. I've ridden my FZ6 close to 500 miles in a single day with only my eyes complaining about the dried out contact lenses.

The FZ6 has more of an upright posture, the pegs are lower and the bars are higher. No clip ons like on the R6's and the like. If you lean far enough the pegs will drag, I've done this several times.

The CBR's have a more street friendly motor and gearing, the GSXR's and R6's are geared more for the track.

I recommend lots of research before buying a bike.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes...do lots of research.

To sum it up, the bars are higher and wider, the pegs are lower and more forward, and the seat is larger. There are a lot of other differences but when it comes to just posture, those are the big ones.

I'm from Saratoga Springs, live in Chicago, and will be moving to CA soon....weird.
________
Live sex webshows

Last edited:
S

sportrider

Yes...do lots of research.

To sum it up, the bars are higher and wider, the pegs are lower and more forward, and the seat is larger. There are a lot of other differences but when it comes to just posture, those are the big ones.

I'm from Saratoga Springs, live in Chicago, and will be moving to CA soon....weird.
where in CA are you moving?

Whigam17

Reaction score
Syracuse New York, but hail from Chicago, and hope
Visit site
You guys friggin rule. Im going on my first "extended" bike trip this weekend, gonna have great weather for it, knock on wood, 70s and sunny. Looks like i'll be riding my friends gf's buell blast. Pretty psyched. Went and sat on some motorcycles today, and man. Think I'm gonna be in for like yall said, a lot of research. Good thing motorcycles arent cheaper, or my impulsive side would tell me to run right out and buy the first one I see lol. I was only able to visit a Suzuki/Honda dealer near my workplace, and sat on a GSX, CBR, SV650, and a Boulevard. Some bikes are friggin heavy... Lol hope I never have to pick one up alone. I liked the compact feel of the GSX and CBR, but dont see it being too comfortable in longer rides. The SV650 was interesting, felt a lot heavier than the others, and looks friggin huge. Im gonna have to look up a yamaha dealer so I can sit on the FZ. I saw a used FZ1 and damn its a sexy bike.

Dude you're headed in the right direction, Palm trees or bust. You can ride 365 days a year out there I bet. Just don't do any naked wheelies like that guy in the video someone posted. xD