Rizoma Bars/Grips/Ends (No drilling involved)

TheeAntic

Reaction score
plus.google.com
I figured now was as good a time as any for a first post :thumbup:

Last night I decided to finally install the Rizoma bling I got from PJ..installation was quite simple.

1. Cut off the old grips
  2. Remove levers and switch assembly
  3. Unbolt and remove stock handle bar
  4. Install new bar insuring it is perfectly center (Slide the clutch lever on when installing due to a lack of slack in the line), adjust angle accordingly
  5. Slide the clutch side grip on the bar
  6. Insert & tighten the clutch side bar end
  7. Slide the grip so that it is flush with the now tight bar end and tighten the 2 set screws on the grip after applying blue loctite
  8. Now that the grip is in place take the bottom half of the switch unit and mark where each edge of the unit will be on the bar when mounted. Take some electrical tape and wrap it around the bar ~1-2 times just inside of the marked lines. Take the bottom half of the switch assembly and grind the nub off. It is no longer needed, the electrical tape provides more than enough friction to keep the unit from moving.
  9. Attach the unit to the bar, adjust angle accordingly
  10. Slide the clutch lever up to the switch assembly and adjust angle accordingly

The throttle side is the exact same as the clutch side, the only difference being that you need to lube the bar/grip and ensure that you leave 1/32" or something along those lines in between the grip and bar end so that it doesn't bind.

For everybody who has given rizoma a bad name as far as ease of installation and product design (mainly the bar ends) - :Flip:

The overall install process was amazingly simple, I just followed the instructions. The bar ends are super tight, throttle turns with a very fluid motion.. etc. etc.

A big thanks to PJ's Parts and Rizoma for the amazing products!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
When I put some clip ons on my bike I didn't realize they were held in place with a pin in the hole. I cut off the pins on the controls and used the electrical tape method! It's been working for me for the last year, no complaints!

TheeAntic

Reaction score
plus.google.com
ccew said:
I see some fancy levers in your future :thumbup:

Absolutely, I've got my sights on some nice Pazzo levers..then comes an ecu reflash with either a Leo vince or scorpion exhaust set-up. Still can't make up my mind :confused:

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
They look really great :thumbup:

I've just slid on some Grip Puppies and was going to post up a pic after putting the bar end weights back on because the left side one sticks out a bit more but the right seems to sit more flush like they do in your first pic, albeit vice versa.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Electrical tape, good idea! Next time I've got the controls off I'll have to remember to do that.

Absolutely, I've got my sights on some nice Pazzo levers..then comes an ecu reflash with either a Leo vince or scorpion exhaust set-up. Still can't make up my mind :confused:

This guy lives a few towns up the road from me, and a ton of guys on our local forum and on svrider use his levers and say the quality seems to be right there with the Pazzo's. http://434racer.com/Products.html

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Electrical tape, good idea! Next time I've got the controls off I'll have to remember to do that.

This guy lives a few towns up the road from me, and a ton of guys on our local forum and on svrider use his levers and say the quality seems to be right there with the Pazzo's. http://434racer.com/Products.html
How much are they?

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
BE VERY CAREFUL with cheap brake levers. Sometimes they are not allowing piston in master cylinder to fully retract causing pressure to build up and first it will cause brake drag and if overheated can cause vapour lock. Usually it's because cheap levers are chipping money on CNC work.

I'm not saying don't get cheap ones. I'm all for it ! But you should check and then double check they are not causing problems.

Last edited:

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm wonder if he is actually making them or just ordering cheaper china ones and sells with a profit.

Ie.: $25
Short Brake Clutch Levers Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 2004 2010 FZ6R 2009 2011 FZ8 11 13 B | eBay

TheeAntic

Reaction score
plus.google.com
I appreciate the suggestion, but I think I'll just stick with the tried and true Pazzo levers. Plus, after all of the great service I'd love to make another purchase with PJ again :thumbup: