Robocops out

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Well its 65 and sunny here in pennsyltucky and the police have whipped out the goldwings. First decent day to ride, and I pass 2 robocops (what we always called motorcycle cops) in t-shirt riding in unison.

I guess ATGATT doesn't apply to police?

Haha I'm not hatin on them or anything. To each his own, just found it curious they don't wear any gear - even on duty when they may need to respond to a call. which brings me to another curious thought....just for the hell of it....

any of yall a motorcycle police? I bet that's an awesome job. Get to cruise on your bike around town all day with your buddy in matching bikes. Catching up to speeders to pull them over ripping through the gears. Bet that's a fun friggen job at times.

Anyway no real point to this thread, just speaking some thoughts.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
My friend is highway patrol and he said the bike cops get paid more because its a lot more risk involved. And you do a lot of solo work at times.

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
ya most of what I see around here are Harleys and the Officers are in minimal gear too. I'm surprised that OSHA hasn't cracked down on this more, then again Mass is trying to get rid of helmet laws all together in exchange to ban excessive noise from aftermarket pipes. Guess we'll just have to let Darwin sort this one out :D

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
yea, they ride harleys here too, they are quiet as hell...which is funny because GA has NO muffler requirements for motorcycles at all.....open headers was nice, for about 10 min.....then my ears started bleeding

Motorcycle cops here dont usually ride in pairs, and they dont have POLICE on the back either, I HAULED past one a few days ago, and almost pulled the rear end up when I got even with him, he just laughed at me....:rockon::rockon::rockon:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
They wear what they're required to. The shorty helmet is supposedly because it's more "friendly" if they're not wearing a full face helmet. The short sleeves and high boots are the "traditional" uniform for mounted police. What that really has to do with a bike is beyond me.

I usually only see motorcycle cops by themselves. :don'tknow: Maybe it was a training deal?

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have never seen a police GoldWing, that must be nice to ride around on all day, and get paid for it! I really want a GoldWing one day!

Yeah, we have H-D's, BMW's, and Honda ST1300's, and I have seen a Buell before too.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Our guys don't wear gear either ... they have to buy it themselves anyhow.

Which is stupid :spank:

But at the same time, our robocops (LOL) were affirmative action canditates, ie black women, some of whom tipped the scales at over 100KG.

The brand new beemer bike fleet lasted a few months :eek: only about 5 left of the origional hundred odd puirchased.

Warning: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC
376455_2616906274075_1597662753_32408941_1495688082_n-500x325.jpg