Rock Band and Guitar Hero??

99vengeur

Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't find the answer in a search. I know that Guitar Hero is made by Activision and that Rock Band is Harmonix/EA Games. What I want to know is whether the peripherals are compatible?? Do the GH instruments work with the RB games and vice-versa? A friend gave me the RB1 disc, but I have no instruments and was curious if I could get GH and still have the guitar work for RB?

Thanks

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
No answers for this question on a motorcycle forum? LOL the answer is that for the first generation GH will work for RB (at least on xbox). There is a compatability chart out on the rest of the internet so you may want to search there instead of the FZ6 forum.

S

sm00thpapa

Well according to my kids they have it for Wii and they are compatible.

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
They are compatible in fact the latest generation of guitar hero guitars are supposed to work better for rock band then the rock band ones

BobSchmickle

Reaction score
Visit site
we have both for ps3. the gh3 guitar didn't work with rb. the ghwt guitar works. i don't see how the drums would be compatible. rb has 4 drums and a kick. ghwt has 3 drums, 2 symbols, and a kick. i'll have to check it out when i get home and give an update. we also picked up 2 generic ones that have a switch to work with ALL of the games. Walmart.com: Nyko FrontMan Wireless Guitar (PS3): Accessories we got them for 6.95 from amazon though.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
we have both for ps3. the gh3 guitar didn't work with rb. the ghwt guitar works. i don't see how the drums would be compatible. rb has 4 drums and a kick. ghwt has 3 drums, 2 symbols, and a kick. i'll have to check it out when i get home and give an update. we also picked up 2 generic ones that have a switch to work with ALL of the games. Walmart.com: Nyko FrontMan Wireless Guitar (PS3): Accessories we got them for 6.95 from amazon though.

I play RB with the Ion Drum kit. I've played GH-Metallica on that kit. The game will map the drums as 'RB Drums' which = 4 pads and the kick. So it is playable on RB drums, you just loose a trigger. With the RB Kit and Ion kit, the snare is Red, Tom#1 and High Hat are Yellow, Tom #2 and Ride are Blue, Floor Tom and Crash are green. You can play either trigger for the proper 'color' it is up to you to choose cymble over drum or vice versa. If you know what 'should' be played for the beat you can play it. IMHO, Rock Band does a much better job of mapping the drums, even with GH's extra pad. There were times that I was looking for a Tom and GHM was calling for a snare. RB always feels like you are playing drums, even if they tend to skip a bit here and there, mostly on the HH.

(I'm not a good drummer but I can play a bit, basic rock / punk)