Rock Band!

J

jsteinb95

I bought Rock Band last weekend for PS2. :rockon: That sh*t is so addicting....it really puts Guitar Hero to shame. It came with the drums, wireless guitar, microphone and the game.....$110. I bought another Rock Band game with 20 songs on it and it was $30 new and got it for 99 cents!!! I do have to say though, that Guitar Hero has better songs. The songs that are on the game that came with the bundle are pretty gay (most of 'em anyways).

Does anybody else have Rock Band?

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes! I have it and LOVE it. And I agree with you, Guitar Hero has better songs, but Rockband is much more fun. I am just uploading a video of my 5 year old little guy playing the guitar on medium. I will post it as soon as it is done uploading. He has some major talent.

J

jsteinb95

Yes! I have it and LOVE it. And I agree with you, Guitar Hero has better songs, but Rockband is much more fun. I am just uploading a video of my 5 year old little guy playing the guitar on medium. I will post it as soon as it is done uploading. He has some major talent.

wow! medium?!? Good for him. Can't wait to see the video!

I got tired of playing GH with other people......I always have to play on expert (no star power) while everybody else plays on easy (with star power) and I still beat 'em. I have yet to find a match......I wish I could play online.....THAT would be really fun!

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
The newest Guitar Hero.. World Tour = Rock Band. Has all the instruments and such and the songs are pretty good. All originals. The drums are a bit more involved than Rockband as they have actual symbols, and a whole extra button. The bass is alot better as well. The guitar parts are alot easier though.

In the end they're both fun games though and oddly addicting. Great fun for parties.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, finally got it working. If it says no longer available, click on the "watch in high quality" just under the video on the right hand side.

This is my 5 year old son playing (Don't Fear) The Reaper on the medium setting.

Check out his face at the very end...this is what he calls "rocking out"

[ame="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VKKTQGf-nP0"]YouTube - 5 year old on Rockband played on medium[/ame]

Last edited:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to upgrade from your PS2 to one of the newer systems :)

My parents came over one night last year to watch a football game and after it was over I was like oh you guys should see this new game they have out (guitar hero 2). I expected to play through a song or two and then say goodnight to them since it was around 8pm. My brother and I played through a song and they were like ok its our turn. They didn't leave until 2am and that was only the first of several occassions that my parents have pulled all nighters.

Since then we have gotten GH3 and RB and the rest of my family has too. We find RB is better because you can have 4 people play and we have a blast with family and friends. This Christmas the family told me I was hosting again so they can come over and play on my 65" tv and my surround sound. No one has asked me for a christmas list yet so I can only guess that I am getting the latest copies of RB2 and GH world tour.

So pour me some eggnog and strap on your guitar because this christmas plans to be a long and loud party.

Z

zoomman

Does anybody else have Rock Band?[/QUOTE]

I just bought Rock Band II over the weekend. It's for the PS3 system. Nothing short of awesome! If you bought Rock Band 1, you can insert the disk and rip all the songs from the first game for free. Also you can download a poop load of songs free on-line once you register. Love the song list and it just gets better. You should think about upgrading your system because they will soon stop making games for PS2.

hardway

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife brought it home about 6 months ago. I was like, "wtf?" because she NEVER plays video games. Someone had it at a seminar she went to and she got hooked. I love this game, best party game ever. It gets better as people get less sober, more authentic I guess :)

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I may get rock band, because my fiance sucks at guitar hero and doesn't like playing it with me. With rock band, she'll sing all day long and I can play whatever and still be happy.

We'll see what the finances allow for after christmas.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No freaking way! I gotta see a video of that. I can barely play on easy!

I'll get a video of him this weekend and post it for you, it is pretty impressive. I just hate the drums, they are right in the middle of my livingroom and he seems to think the harder he hits the pads, the better his drumming is.

You have to understand that he has Aspergers Syndrome, so when he focuses on something, it turns into an obsession and he gets to be the best he can be. If he makes to many mistakes in one song, he goes a bit bonkers and hits himself in the head with the drum sticks. So we have to rotate between the guitar and the drums so he doesn't get too upset.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll get a video of him this weekend and post it for you, it is pretty impressive. I just hate the drums, they are right in the middle of my livingroom and he seems to think the harder he hits the pads, the better his drumming is.

You have to understand that he has Aspergers Syndrome, so when he focuses on something, it turns into an obsession and he gets to be the best he can be. If he makes to many mistakes in one song, he goes a bit bonkers and hits himself in the head with the drum sticks. So we have to rotate between the guitar and the drums so he doesn't get too upset.

I had a kid in my scout troop with Aspergers (I say had, because I haven't been very active since I moved 45 minutes away). Everyone was amazed when I got him to eat my goulash I had made on a campout (the boys helped encourage him to try it. Fortunately, he liked it). He was a handful to work with, but a good kid.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found a video of him on the drums from last spring, I am just uploading it to youtube right now as soon as it is done I will post it.. Its not as good as he is now, he had all summer to play/practice it. I will get a more updated one later this week.

As for Aspergers kids being a handful.....ya think?!?!? lol

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The sound sucks on this one, but you'll get the idea, and remember this is from almost a year ago...he is MUCH better now lol

[ame="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6qEAbv4nAPQ"]YouTube - Cam on Drums Rockband[/ame]

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I have all the old guitar hero's for PS2, world tour for PS3, and rock band for ps3. rock band is way better than the old guitar hero's but world tour is my favorite. dont have rock band 2 yet but hopefully christmas. I cant even play easy on drums thats my friend toms job but i do guitar on hard and vocals on medium.