royal purple oil filter?

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
here we go again another oil/filter thread, lol :innocent: . i did do a search on this topic thou and didn't come up with anything.

anyway, while i was at work (pep boys)today i noticed we are now stocking royal purple oil filters. i was wondering if anyone has some specs on this filter. i did a google search and didn't come up with anything except that they are believed to be made by champion. i did a cross ref from my normal filter pure one 14610 to a royal purple ph2867. the box says it has a 99% efficiency, but it didn't say if thats a first or multi pass efficiency.

i already run royal purple max cycle oil and was just wondering if the $14 purple filter is really any better than a $6, 98% first pass pure one. what do you think ladies and gents?

Well since Champion makes the Bosch, Supertech, and Mobil one filters and they are all top notch filters with wildly varing prices but about the same efficencies and construction, I would say its a great filter with a super extra lot of profit built in.

Check it out.

Motorcycle Oil and Filters

:rockon: \"YOU THE MAN ANT\"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Not really, but I didn't like the blue filter on a utherwise black frame. The paint really holds up well and looks great. I'm still on my original can of paint, and have 3 painted filters sitting in the shed waiting for install. I say paint it whatever color you like and ride on!

the royal purple filter comes in well---purple. but like ant says - just paint it.
i spray my filters flat black to match the frame, for the whole $3 a can of paint.

I have been diggin on the whole insanely ugly yellow of the pure one now though. I get lots of questions about it, so then I can tell them so I will know if it fell off.

When I was going through the oil filter cross-ref stage, I read on the net that the Champion mfg filters were very good, and this guy who was blogging said that the Super-Tech at Walmart was basically the same as the more expensive variety. But my Walmart stopped carrying Super-Tech, so I went the the PureOne 14610l. Yea its yellow, but WFC, I'm with Wrightme43, too much trouble to paint for fashion.

I guess I would say, don't spend the money on the Purple Filter, the difference in cost is more than a quart of Syn Oil for your next change. JMO.

Back