Say it isn't so.......

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, Google s/b sued! There are also lots of cases where people end up stranded in snow buried roadways and near death because the GPS didn't bother to mention that it wasn't a winter maintained road. The attnys should sue the F out of Google. Squeeze Google and get the compensation that you deserve. Go after these morons. Just the same, if you, say, are walking on the street and somebody stops, rolls down window to ask you how to get somewhere and you end up giving the wrong directions, consider yourself lucky if that person doesn't track down who you are and file a lawsuit against you for damages. Remeber the motorist who sued because there wasn't ANY warning to not drive with the window sun shade still installed on the dash? If it wasn't for somebody fighting for one's rights, there probably would be, still to this day, no warning to drive off with it and then pose a huge accident risk (maybe it might be YOU that this motorist slams into!) Dont get pushed around by Google, Garmin or whoever! Sue the F out them! I urge everybody---go here to find an attorney: Find the Right Attorney for any Legal Claim | whocanisue.com

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, Google s/b sued! There are also lots of cases where people end up stranded in snow buried roadways and near death because the GPS didn't bother to mention that it wasn't a winter maintained road. The attnys should sue the F out of Google. Squeeze Google and get the compensation that you deserve. Go after these morons. Just the same, if you, say, are walking on the street and somebody stops, rolls down window to ask you how to get somewhere and you end up giving the wrong directions, consider yourself lucky if that person doesn't track down who you are and file a lawsuit against you for damages. Remeber the motorist who sued because there wasn't ANY warning to not drive with the window sun shade still installed on the dash? If it wasn't for somebody fighting for one's rights, there probably would be, still to this day, no warning to drive off with it and then pose a huge accident risk (maybe it might be YOU that this motorist slams into!) Dont get pushed around by Google, Garmin or whoever! Sue the F out them! I urge everybody---go here to find an attorney: Find the Right Attorney for any Legal Claim | whocanisue.com

No offense Tailgate, but it is thought processes like this that give the American Society a bad name. No-one wants to take responsibility for any of their actions these days because they feel that they are entitled.

What exactly did Google do wrong? So they didn't state that the roadway did not have sidewalks; Did the lady not recognize this fact as she walked down the side of the road? The beauty of being a human is free will. She could have just as easily turned around if she felt that the road was unsafe for pedestrian travel.

The link that you provided is just disgusting to me. I cannot attest to your reasoning for posting it, but I picture someone sitting at their table wondering how they can get a quick buck by taking advantage of our judicial system. Similar to the commercials going around for those injured in a UTV, "Have you recently been injured in a Yamaha Rhino Roll-over? Call us today". Its a motor vehicle, its goes fast, if you whip the steering wheel while doing 90MPH it may roll over. The word "DUH" comes to mind. Common sense isn't so common anymore.

Again, i am not sure of your intentions of this post, but i feel that situations like the Google lawsuit play even more into the mockery of the American public.

my 2 cents.

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, ok. if the gps flips out and drive you to a cliff will you fall down? wtf did this woman have for brains?

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Easy way to make money:
1) go to a friends house that lives on the 1st floor
2) go out on the balcony
3) pick a route from your gps
4) jump off the balcony
5) sue the gps company for not telling you to use the elevator first

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
This lady, she should ask for at least $2,000,000.00 (not that much in today's world). She probably had significant emotional distress and, thus, suffered major damages. People who have a problem with her filing a lawsuit probably are just jealous that they didn't first take the initiative and think of filing over something like this. Just like the person who won the McDonald's lawsuit, afterwards, jealous others think, "Gee, why didn't I think about suing McDonald's because they didn't warn how hot the coffee was." You see, the people behind these lawsuits are America's pioneers, this country's heros. Now, don't complain about this Google lawsuit and instead, take the initiative and think, think about how you can get rich quick, make a quick buck or two. (tic)

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This lady, she should ask for at least $2,000,000.00 (not that much in today's world). She probably had significant emotional distress and, thus, suffered major damages. People who have a problem with her filing a lawsuit probably are just jealous that they didn't first take the initiative and think of filing over something like this. Just like the person who won the McDonald's lawsuit, afterwards, jealous others think, "Gee, why didn't I think about suing McDonald's because they didn't warn how hot the coffee was." You see, the people behind these lawsuits are America's pioneers, this country's heros. Now, don't complain about this Google lawsuit and instead, take the initiative and think, think about how you can get rich quick, make a quick buck or two. (tic)

I would have to agree with you; People of equal moral standing are probably kicking themselves because the did not think of this first.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
my wife is a lot better at navigating city streets and busy highways and suburbs, but once we get out in the stix, she's lost and I'm right at home.

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
No offense Tailgate, but it is thought processes like this that give the American Society a bad name. No-one wants to take responsibility for any of their actions these days because they feel that they are entitled.

What exactly did Google do wrong? So they didn't state that the roadway did not have sidewalks; Did the lady not recognize this fact as she walked down the side of the road? The beauty of being a human is free will. She could have just as easily turned around if she felt that the road was unsafe for pedestrian travel.

The link that you provided is just disgusting to me. I cannot attest to your reasoning for posting it, but I picture someone sitting at their table wondering how they can get a quick buck by taking advantage of our judicial system. Similar to the commercials going around for those injured in a UTV, "Have you recently been injured in a Yamaha Rhino Roll-over? Call us today". Its a motor vehicle, its goes fast, if you whip the steering wheel while doing 90MPH it may roll over. The word "DUH" comes to mind. Common sense isn't so common anymore.

Again, i am not sure of your intentions of this post, but i feel that situations like the Google lawsuit play even more into the mockery of the American public.

my 2 cents.

I think you missed the sarcasm in the post

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
These are legitimate lawsuits. Especially the following:

4. Bubbles Aren't Always Fun
Early on the morning of July 7, 2001, a prankster dumped detergent into a public park fountain in Duluth, Minnesota, creating a mountain of bubbles. A few hours later, passerby Kathy Kelly fell down and suffered several injuries. She sued the city because it had not cleaned up the suds (on Saturday morning) or posted warnings to citizens urging them not to walk through the slippery wall of bubbles. A jury in March 2004 found the city 70 percent responsible for Kelly's injuries -- leaving her with only 30 percent of the blame -- and thus awarded her $125,000.

5. School Responsible for Bad Break-Up
In February 2004, a New York court ordered a school district to pay a former student $375,000 when his two-year affair with a school secretary ended. The young basketball star claimed that the break-up brought "emotional and psychological trauma," ruining any prospects for a professional hard-court career. The jury determined that the school was culpable for failing to supervise the secretary properly. It also ordered the secretary to pay the student another $375,000 -- even though she had not been named in the lawsuit.

If you would like to read about more victims who fought back and won, click for more:HowStuffWorks "8 Outrageous Lawsuits"

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excuse me while I go eat some mud. I have bills to pay. I'm sure someone is responsible for there being mud available for me to eat. When I get sick, I will be sure to seek compensation.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Excuse me while I go eat some mud. I have bills to pay. I'm sure someone is responsible for there being mud available for me to eat. When I get sick, I will be sure to seek compensation.

If you go to some rich guys house and eat their mud they would be responsible for it..

I'm suprised no one has brought up the Episode of The Offce where Michael drives into the pond because he was following the GPS even when Dwight was telling him to turn after the bridge....

I have a hard time readingthe sacrasm in Tailgates posts as well. The few times I've caught it is when there is something that just seems off about what he is saying, otherwise they have yet to create a type case for sarcasm... I know I'll sue Bill Gates because of the emotional distress for mis-understanding a post on the forum because he didn't invent a sarcasm text. :spank: