Sea Foam

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a metallurgist by trade so it's my job to understand the properties/ wear life of different metals and alloys, as well as knowing about different quench mediums (water,oil, polomer, nitrogen, etc etc) the oil that is most commonly used as a quench medium is almost chemically identical to regular motor oil, and I can tell y'all with 110% confidence that metal shavings/particles/atoms/turds do not get the oil dirty....
Carbon is the #1 cause of oil getting "dirty" wether it be from the oil it's self burning or the top end, metal anything will not discolor the oil because the oil can't break it down and more or less the metal what-have-yous are suspended in the oil...

A little experiment you can do to see for yourself, take a fairly fine metal file or hack saw and go to town on some piece of scrap metal you have laying around until you have about a cap full of metal shavings. Don't use a grinder or sandpaper because they will contaminate the metal. Take a small clear container that can be sealed and fill it with your motor oil and dump in the metal shavings, you can shake it up heat it do what ever you want but the oil will not discolor.

Class dismissed

Last edited:

philz

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone used seafoam in the vacuum lines to clean the rest of.the motor? I seen videos and what not.where a car will.blow smoke for about 10min but anyone in here ever tried it?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Which pipe exactly do you put the seafoam in?