Season Prep

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must really love the bike..so in preperation for the season, I spent some hard earned cash on maint. things for the bike..

IMG_0003.jpg

New OEM Air Filter, Coolant, Cable Lube w/ tool, Chain Cleaner (already have chain wax), Spray Grease (for all the pivot points), Spark Plugs, Things to do the duel head light mod (its only an 05, right)..

not shown - new cover, all balls steering bearings, brake fluid

other plans - check bolts, check tires, wash, glaze, wax, lube chain, RIDE!!!! :thumbup:

I figure its time to give the bike the full run down. I definitly dont mind spending some time to get it back in to "new" type condition. Thankfully we have tons of write-ups to help. Didnt know if anyone had a pre-season checklist that they use to do a full run down or any tips on other things to double check.

I was quoted around $300 to do the bearings (dealer).. i would like to do this myself, but i think i might just leave it up to the dealer. Brakes are enough to learn this season i think. :thumbup:

Wow, you've got the prep down right!!

I'm taking the prom night approach after waiting all freaking winter....

1. The dress, (cover) off it comes...

2. The rubbers, (Tires) inflated to the proper pressure.

3. The electricity (Battery) charged and installed.

4. The lubrication (Chain & Oil) ready to go, so it wont' come off at high speed.

Key in the ignition, warm up till the lights say go, and off to races:BLAA:

Upon return, I'll leave it hot and dirty in the driveway till it cools down, clean it up and go again...

Sorry, it's been a long winter:tard:

Wow, you've got the prep down right!!

I'm taking the prom night approach after waiting all freaking winter....

1. The dress, (cover) off it comes...

2. The rubbers, (Tires) inflated to the proper pressure.

3. The electricity (Battery) charged and installed.

4. The lubrication (Chain & Oil) ready to go, so it wont' come off at high speed.

Key in the ignition, warm up till the lights say go, and off to races:BLAA:

Upon return, I'll leave it hot and dirty in the driveway till it cools down, clean it up and go again...

Sorry, it's been a long winter:tard:

How about a shower, I mean a wash after all that? Gotta get cleaned up.:BLAA:

I saw another thread where you were trying to find the filter for less than the dealer price. Where did you end up purchasing the filter from? How much was it?

Back