Seat Cowl---Making my own!!

bluemax89

Reaction score
Visit site
make me one while your at it lol. Looks good. are you going with a sortof flattened one or the style with the "hump" in the middle of it, or just somthing totally different?

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Is your aim to make it a semi-permanent install? Or something that can go easily on/off as needed?

I will probably have to take the seat off to install and remove the cowl. It curves under the seat at the back and at the front only. It's just a little loose, so I'm going to make brackets at the front to secure it to the underside of the seat.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Please post as much detail as you can. I've been itching to learn to work with fiberglass. I want to see how you build up the shape and get the eventual result. All of my attempts so far have been rather dismal.

(Yes, that was an intentional pun.)

Fred

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm working on this in my spare minutes at work, so I'm not sure how soon I will get to post again. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm thinking about using floral foam or two-part foam for the shaping.

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Made some more progress. Framed it up for some two part foam. After it was all set up started sanding the shape. Don't have the bike here today so I will not take any more off until I do.

Last edited:

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good! I like the do it yourself mentality and look forward to watching it progress. I've had friends go insane working with fiberglass and foam, so I'm too big of a chicken to try. :thumbup:

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it's hard to get the stuff perfect. A couple of the other things I've worked on:

Last edited: