Nick E.
New Member
Heya Folks!
This'll be the first ever post I make on this forum, just got a '09 FZ6 a while ago after selling my trusty R3. Absolutely love riding this bike and am proud to be part of the community here. I'll be taking the FZ6 on a tour across the country, and wanted advice on how to secure the bike at hotels.
I already have a GPS tracker, insurance, and a cover for the bike. I am now looking at physically securing the it with either a chain (Kryptonite 1016, non-alarming) or a disk brake lock (Xena). I would have preferred to have both, but due to a tight budget, I can really only afford one.
Additionally, if I do go with a chain option, I am not sure how common anchoring points will be at hotels. Would using a chain through the subframe + wheel be good enough?
Thanks for any advice!
This'll be the first ever post I make on this forum, just got a '09 FZ6 a while ago after selling my trusty R3. Absolutely love riding this bike and am proud to be part of the community here. I'll be taking the FZ6 on a tour across the country, and wanted advice on how to secure the bike at hotels.
I already have a GPS tracker, insurance, and a cover for the bike. I am now looking at physically securing the it with either a chain (Kryptonite 1016, non-alarming) or a disk brake lock (Xena). I would have preferred to have both, but due to a tight budget, I can really only afford one.
Additionally, if I do go with a chain option, I am not sure how common anchoring points will be at hotels. Would using a chain through the subframe + wheel be good enough?
Thanks for any advice!