Shad/GIVI interchangeable mounts?

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up some very cheap side cases and a top case and I'm trying to figure out how to mount them. The side cases are GIVI monokey, but the top case is a Shad. (KTM branded, but for $25 bucks, whatever).

I'd like to be able to use the side cases as top cases as well. Anyone know if:

A) The mounting plates for shad/GIVI top cases are easily swappable, or if someone has a universal mount?

B) The mounting hardware for the GIVI side cases and the Shad top case will play nice together on the bike?

the brackets are stupid expensive, so I'd kinda just like to get the top case bracket for now. Figured I'd get the GIVI bracket so I knew it would play nice with the side case mounts later, but that assumes that the GIVI bracket will accept the Shad mounting plate . . .

Has anyone tackled something like this already that might have advice?

S Spiff

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't done it, but I've thought about it.

What if you use the GIVI racks with a GIVI M11 plate. The M11 plate should mate to the GIVI "bracket" just fine. Because the M11 is flat and made of steel round stock, I think it looks pretty easy to mate to a Shad plate. But the M11 is now discontinued. Seems like there are still some out there though. Givi M11 Monorack Steel Plate for Monokey Top Box | eBay

As I said, I've never done it, but it might work. Something to think about.