shops in Finland

AntonMir

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, thanks for replay.
I want to buy and change tire in Helsinki or in another city on the west
I know Storm and BikeWorld but can they change it?!
After i`m going to estonia...but i сouldn`t find threre at all :)

And i have question about speed ticket...what`s maximum speed in finland??!

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
The speed limits change depending on the time of the year; the maximum speed limit on motorways is 120 km/h (75 mph) in the summer and 100 km/h (62 mph) in the winter. The main roads usually have speed limits of either 100 km/h or 80 km/h (50 mph). Speed limits in urban areas range between 30 km/h (19 mph) and 60 km/h (37 mph).

More on Wiki.

IMO the easiest place to get new tyres changed is Allright. The price may not be the lowest, but you'll get it done right away.

Here are links to some stores selling mostly gear and spare parts. A few of them have pages in english.

And finally the Finnish Road Administration. A good site to check.

AntonMir

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot,,,In russia is more simply with speed ticket and policemen. They don`t stop us :)

One question more.. Is it safe to put motorcycle on the street at night or i should look for private parking???

P.S. today i received powerlet power socket for charging my gps. It`s expensive ,, but i wish to have it a long time.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
One question more.. Is it safe to put motorcycle on the street at night or i should look for private parking???

It is quite safe to park on the street. If you have a disc-lock, alarm system or something like that, use it for extra security. And if you need to park your bike for several days it's not a bad idea to check the private parking facilities.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot,,,In russia is more simply with speed ticket and policemen. They don`t stop us :)

P.S. today i received powerlet power socket for charging my gps. It`s expensive ,, but i wish to have it a long time.

I made my own power outlet for almost nothing and I am an electrical idiot...really a total no hoper with electrics.

It powers my GPS and communications system. I also use it to recharge my camera battery, boil my water and run a small tent lamp. Not all at the same time of course.

Steve

AntonMir

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont understand. How should i ride.. In Russia I can ride so fast as i can (yesterday i have own record 217km ) but in finland every driver go faster, above 10-20 maximum speed. Do they know where radar situate. So I think I will receive speed tickets for several thousand eur !!!
Helsinki is beatiful city...but speed limit......&(
Tomorrow i will go to estonia and after back to russia