Should I paint the side covers?

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so I have the black side covers that say FZ6, and Im wondering if I should paint them silver. Im talking about the side covers by the bike. Since im going to be painting this weekend I wonder if I should make them liquid silver or just leave them black.

Any ideas?

IMG_0997-1.jpg

Paint em Silver, and do the down pipes silver as well....Would look cool i reckon....

But the black sidecovers do match the black exhaust from the angle that photo is taken from.

:thumbup:

Paint em Silver, and do the down pipes silver as well....Would look cool i reckon....

But the black sidecovers do match the black exhaust from the angle that photo is taken from.

im leaving the exhaust black, theres going to be a yamaha bellypan that's silver on the bottom so it has that silver black silver effect

im leaving the exhaust black, theres going to be a yamaha bellypan that's silver on the bottom so it has that silver black silver effect

Sounds good, i reckon i would leave the side covers then...especially if the front fender is black...will help to continue theme through to the rear of the bike....

What colour are you painting the headlight unit?

Sounds good, i reckon i would leave the side covers then...especially if the front fender is black...will help to continue theme through to the rear of the bike....

What colour are you painting the headlight unit?

im going to paint the headlight liquid silver

I think if you're going to paint the side covers silver, you'll want to do the same to the front fender so everything matches. I like the way the bike looks now however. I'd also remove the orange reflectors on the forks, really cleans up the front end.

I think if you're going to paint the side covers silver, you'll want to do the same to the front fender so everything matches. I like the way the bike looks now however. I'd also remove the orange reflectors on the forks, really cleans up the front end.

LOL i was just telling myself that like a week ago, just been either really lazy or really busy.

Ok so front fender too? or just the rears, I dont want to over do the silver, im just being picky now lol, but she is my baby :)

get your front fender, head cowling, rear hugger painted as well.. will look good..

for me i am trying to get most things on my bike that are silver to black. :)

Ok so front fender too? or just the rears, I dont want to over do the silver, im just being picky now lol, but she is my baby :)

Geoff, from what I can see in the picture, I would paint the front fender and the side covers silver to match the rest of the bike. I'm personally prefer silver over black anyway. After owning a black car for a few years, I vowed to never live through that washing/waxing/paint scratch nightmare.

Mikejr8686, I've painted my exhaust headers using VHT Flameproof Paint that I purchased from Advance Auto Parts. It's very easily scratched before you heat cycle the paint a few times. I've had it on my headers for about 500 miles and I've yet to see a scratch or anything; this paint is strong!

Back