Singing the praises of the FZ6

Dunny

Hit the road jack
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks

Had a few mates aroung tonight, a TL 1000 rider a SV650 a CBR 600 and a FZ1 rider, they all had something to bitch about their rides if it wasnt power or fork vibrations or disc wobbles, unusal tyre wear or something else. I sat back and listened, I realised that I had nothing to add that knocked the fZ6, I said I couldnt be happier. "nothing to complain about".

Glad to own the red rocket. Kudos to the FZ6

Daryl

addy

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep! It's an awesome bike!. Glad to own one. But somestimes the gear box feels alittle clunky. And the fairing assembly on the s model can vibrate abit. And the intrument set up on the 07 series onward is nicer than my 06 series set up. But otherwise a champion bike!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep! It's an awesome bike!. Glad to own one. But somestimes the gear box feels alittle clunky. And the fairing assembly on the s model can vibrate abit. And the intrument set up on the 07 series onward is nicer than my 06 series set up. But otherwise a champion bike!

Agreed... the gearbox is my biggest complaint. I have been tempted to try some synth. oil as I have have read threads that this quiets them down a bit. Otherwise I don't think I could have found a better bike for all the different types of riding I do.

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
The seat is too hard and the footrests are too far forward (or the seat is too far back/tank too long). Otherwise it's pretty good. I still reckon the 1250 Bandit is a better bike though.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Just scoot down to France for a weekend, we used to make trips to the UK from Belgium all the time growing up. You would have to deal with all the customs stuff for the setback plates though. Doh I posted during the edit. Yeah, no matter what the seats are expensive. I still have one on my to get list just because of the 500 mile day I had this week, my butt sure was sore.

Last edited:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a fantastic lil bike, isn't it. (Well, the gearbox could do with a lil TLC thankyou Yamaha)

No matter how much I want to buy an 848, just can't bring myself to even consider trading mine.