Sock over your shoe?

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding to work the other day and caught up with this guy on a busa. He was wearing shorts and a t-shirt with tennis shoes, and a sock covering his left shoe. WTF?? I assume it was to protect his $20 thrift store shoes from the shift knob, though I've never seen this before. Very ghetto fabulous...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your stained left top of your shoe SHOWS your a rider!

He obviously isn't, wearing shorts, etc and covering his sneakers, shessh, how embarrasing...Perhaps a squid? Oh well.....

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out these fashionable items

ShifterSocks-1.jpg

m5_RdMFDmpCXg-y6yAlGgsA.jpg

shiftsocks.jpg

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
I was curious to see this phenomenom, however the best I could find was a kilt. I have nothing against them, just seems about as good as a sock on the left foot if riding a motorcyle. :BLAA:

kiltedbiker.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding to work the other day and caught up with this guy on a busa. He was wearing shorts and a t-shirt with tennis shoes, and a sock covering his left shoe. WTF?? I assume it was to protect his $20 thrift store shoes from the shift knob, though I've never seen this before. Very ghetto fabulous...

Were you close enough to see it wasn't some kind of cast/brace?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was curious to see this phenomenom, however the best I could find was a kilt. I have nothing against them, just seems about as good as a sock on the left foot if riding a motorcyle. :BLAA:

kiltedbiker.jpg

Would be, ah, "cool & breezy", 'specially on a naked (har!) bike! :BLAA:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Were you close enough to see it wasn't some kind of cast/brace?

I was close enough to see that it was like a fruit of the loom sock over his red shoes...lol.

Your stained left top of your shoe SHOWS your a rider!

He obviously isn't, wearing shorts, etc and covering his sneakers, shessh, how embarrasing...Perhaps a squid? Oh well.....

Of course he was a squid... I mean he was riding a busa...

Also funny that he was wearing a reflective 'crossing guard' type of vest with his limited gear. I guess some safe is better than no safe! :BLAA:

Last edited:

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This reminds me of people that pull their knee-high socks over their jeans when riding a bicycle. I understand the function but come on.. there are better ways to achieve the exact same thing. More stylish ways, more importantly. :ban::BLAA: