Need Help SOLVED: 2009 fz6s crank no start error 53

Sven

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not one to post on forums often as there is so much information out there to solve your own issues these days. However I've recently purchased a fz6s that had been partially parted out missing instrument cluster and all plastics, I've replaced the instrument cluster only to find the key light flashing 5 long and 3 short from what I can tell to be error 53 relating to the immobiliser (it may also be worth noting the fuel and temp lights are flashing). I found a broken black wire coming from the ignition ring which I replaced and thought would be the end of my issues however still having the same error I checked continuity on all six wires throughout the whole harness also checked all fuses which seems ok. Grounds all tested ok. I also have a 2005 fz6s which I used the ignition ring off and with the red key got error 51 and with the black key got error 54 (keys to match the 2009 ecu).
Any help would be much appreciated

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The copy of the FSM manual I have is for bikes sold in the North American market, so I don't have any info on the immobiliser. Hacked harnesses can be a real nightmare. But I did find this post which might be helpful:

Sven

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that, I actually haven't seen this thread in my travels. My mind is thinking it is a problem in the actual reader and the reason the reader from my other bike doesn't work is the difference in year models and infact part numbers on the reader/immobiliser. None of my local bike wreckers have any of these bikes around and eBay is sparse so it may be time to pay a visit to the dealership. But before that I'll see if I can perhaps get more access to the wires shown in the other thread and maybe crack the thing open I really don't have anything to lose here.

Sven

Reaction score
Visit site
Happy to report after playing in the garage today I decided to pull on the wires a bit and what do you know the yellow one gave way so as any other person did I pulled each one to encourage them breaking. After soldering them all back together some brake cleaner in the inlets she fired right up no worries.
Attached pics of the offending broken wires and my two bikes together from attempting to run it on "bypass". Hope this thread helps someone else out.

Attachments

• IMG_20211123_173247.jpg
    IMG_20211123_173247.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20211123_174050.jpg
    IMG_20211123_174050.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 19

Sven

Reaction score
Visit site
I can only assume the wires were crushed in between the steering stop and frame. But I would like to add they had no marks or weird bends in them. Took a fair amount of force for them to come apart.