Southern Oregon ride need route suggestions

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
So, the hubby and I are riding from Reno, NV to Crater Lake area July 16-19. We want to ride around Crater Lake and then some nice twisties. We are thinking of spending first night at Klamath Falls. We already rode 139 from Susanville to Klamath Falls. We are looking for a different route. Is 140 from Lakeview to Klamath Falls a fun ride or just boring highway? Is there another route in that area?

After Crater Lake we are open. Any good routes towards Grants Pass or Medford or Roseburg? Then any routes from there back East to head home?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We did highway 199 from Happy Camp to O'Brien over Memorial Day weekend then back 101 to Eureka so we aren't really interested in that direction. We did Highway 36 too that trip.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can scroll through my trip report that included Crater Lake. I'm guessing you've already ridden through Lassen Natl Park? I strongly suggest riding up to the Oregon Caves Natl Monument, that road is crazy but that's going to put you back along the coast. Around Grants Pass, there is Galice Rd/Glendale Loop, a popular motorcycle run that meanders along the Rogue River. Mark (MxGolf) would be able to tell you more about it than I can since he was the one who led us through that area.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/tour...regon-5-natl-parks.html?highlight=crater+lake

You can also post you your question on the local forum, called PNWRiders.com, plenty of riders on that forum who can also recommend the must see or great route. Once you get to Crater Lake, my suggestion is to grab lunch to go from the lodge, and find a place on the side of the road with a great view of the lake and eat your lunch there.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
You can scroll through my trip report that included Crater Lake. I'm guessing you've already ridden through Lassen Natl Park? I strongly suggest riding up to the Oregon Caves Natl Monument, that road is crazy but that's going to put you back along the coast. Around Grants Pass, there is Galice Rd/Glendale Loop, a popular motorcycle run that meanders along the Rogue River. Mark (MxGolf) would be able to tell you more about it than I can since he was the one who led us through that area.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/tour...regon-5-natl-parks.html?highlight=crater+lake

You can also post you your question on the local forum, called PNWRiders.com, plenty of riders on that forum who can also recommend the must see or great route. Once you get to Crater Lake, my suggestion is to grab lunch to go from the lodge, and find a place on the side of the road with a great view of the lake and eat your lunch there.

Thanks Kenny, I checked out your ride report. Looks like we will be riding some of those roads. I am ready to go now, but I guess I have to wait...