Speedo Calibration

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a Speedo Healer V4 and thought that I would post the correction information that they claim:

Stock Front is 16T and Rear is 46T

Stock Gearing: -5.2% error

15T Front Swap: -11.1% error

17T Front Swap: +0.7% error

49T Rear Swap: -11.0% error

15T & 48T Swap: -14.8% error

For those of you that don't want to shell out the cash for the correction, this is the math you need to do in your head when your out on the road.

I purchased the Speedo Healer because I did a 15T & 48T Swap and the error was just too large for comfort.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats interesting, thanks for the info! I am planning a 15 tooth swap this winter and I guess I will have to seriously consider the speedo healer also. I gather they are around a hundred clams or so, I am also wanting to do the angel-eyes with the HID projector mod too.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm surprised, I thought it was 10% with stock gearing and worse with the 15 tooth. I'm glad to know I'm only 11% off right now. Thanks! :)

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm surprised, I thought it was 10% with stock gearing and worse with the 15 tooth. I'm glad to know I'm only 11% off right now. Thanks! :)
No problem, if you go to speedohealer.com and enter any gearing changes you like, the website will figure out the calculations for you.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. I just did the 16 to 15 tooth front sprocket mod today. I went for a little 35 mile ride and I like it. I don't like not knowing exactly how fast I really am going. So I will get the speedo healer soon. :rockon::rockon:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I still have the stock gearing and wasn't happy with how far out the speedometer was(4-5 MPH @ 60). I put in a speedohealer and checked it against my GPS for a specific # difference.. Once I knew the difference, the speedohealer site has a chart to figure out the % your off. My speedometer is now within 1/2 MPH at 70.

The speedohealer also comes with an addtional switch that when pugged in, will lock in yout highest speed. To re-set, hold the button in 2-3 seconds. Very, very slick....

Scott

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
It's kind funny, if you don't mind taller more freeway fuel efficient gearing and do a 17T front gear swap your speedo is right on with only a 0.7% error.

For anyone wanting better gas mileage, do this switch and you fix the speedo error at the same time.
:cheer: