Speedometer/Odometer!

jjohnson87

Reaction score
Visit site
My speedometer/odometer went crazy! I've replied to one post about this but it was a year ago when the last post was made. So made a new thread!
-Problem
Took off my lights/front/speedometer to do some repairs. When I connected everything back. I noticed that my speedometer is going crazy. I still have back light and the other lights like the N(neutral light) but my digital read out for rpm/gas/temp gauges are wacked out! Its like someone pushed to hard on a LCD screen. It reads some what of the rpm/gas/temp but its scattered around crazy. Ive checked the back up fuse. I took it out and checked, it was just fine, even replaced it with a new one. Once I take it out it takes all the rpm/gas/temp screens off but when I replaced it, it still is all messed up. I hope there is a quick fix for it, because I looked at getting a new speedometer and the cheapest one I found was like $450 :eek::eek:!! So maybe someone can help me out? Any help will be great. Thanks to all Justin

I would re-check all your electrical connections (make sure no tabs are bent over and are clean) and especially your ground wire. I know theres at least one to the main ft end support that bolts to the frame... A dirty/loose ground wire will cause all kinds of headaches.. After that, unplug the battery and try a reset... Go over everything you did to it, its probably there...

I know this is not exactly the best idea, but if you are still having problems, there is another option. If it is only the speedometer and odometer that is not working (the fuel, tachometer, etc) is working, why not get a GPS. it will cost you 50-100 dollars and will give you the mileage you have traveled and the speed. Better yet, it will tell you your true speed and you dont have to wonder how fast you are actually going when the Speedo is reading 57 MPH

CanAnyoneTelMeWhereTheGroundWriteTo The Odometer Goes On The Body?

mounts to the fairing stay, right behind the odometer with a 6mm allen bolt

maybe someone or something crushed it and destroyed the screen? sounds like someone smashed it, how about some pictureS?

Back