Spring ride in Holland on 18th April, are you coming?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
April is a very busy month for me, in a nice way but it means I have little time for riding (other than my commute). Both my girls birthdays are in April and family are coming over (from UK) for easter and we're going away for the spring half term (school holiday) at the end of the month.

Anyway I'll stop the whining as I do have a window in my other wise busy schedule, 18th of April to be exact :cheer:.

I was wondering if anyone (near Holland) was up for a ride on Sunday 18th April. I spoke to Ton (Thulst) and he could rearrange an appointment he had on that day :rockon:

And then there were 2 ;)

We haven't set a route yet but we were looking at possibly going down to Breda and going up to one of the longer dike roads.

Let me know ,either by posting here, in the social group or PMing me (in English or Dutch) if you can come along.

Spring is in the air :cheer:

Last edited:

Bacon

Reaction score
Visit site
I might join you guys one day. I come over to Dordrecht at least once a month but I'm flying this time round.

Until then...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I might join you guys one day. I come over to Dordrecht at least once a month but I'm flying this time round.

Until then...

Let me know when you come across with your bike and maybe we could arrange something.
BTW there are plenty of bike shops that hire bikes in Holland so maybe thats an option for you.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and then there were 3 ;)

looking forward to seeing you again Tim, if you have any preferences about the route let me know and I can throw something together for our GPS's.

likewise, no preferences for where we're going, some twistie roads would be fun. too bad we don't have any mountains near utrecht/breda :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
likewise, no preferences for where we're going, some twistie roads would be fun. too bad we don't have any mountains near utrecht/breda :rolleyes:

yeah we'll have to make do with a dike or 2 :thumbup:

I talked to Andre (unseen), he couldn't make it this time.

does anyone else want to come along?

Sleek05

Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm 3 ppl so far.. somewhat disappointing :( I was hoping for more

Wish I could make it but the next couple months are crazy for me. Hopefully next time. Thanks for posting it though - it's nice to know it's happening. :thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could make it but the next couple months are crazy for me. Hopefully next time. Thanks for posting it though - it's nice to know it's happening. :thumbup:

Hope to see you next time when things are a bit quieter :thumbup:

Well, I won't be able to come either. I have my driving instructor exam on the 24th, so I can use my time right now. Enjoy!! :)

Good luck on your exam Philippe :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know when you come across with your bike and maybe we could arrange something.
BTW there are plenty of bike shops that hire bikes in Holland so maybe thats an option for you.

Really, I would like to ride there. What are the requirements? Do you have a link?

I can fly into Schiphol easy for free flying Continental Airlines. I would just have to figure out hotel and time off. Something I would like to do this summer.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a link to my local bike shop, and the bikes they hire: Zaanstad motoren I'm not sure if you need to get an international drivers license but I'm sure it will be the same conditions as when you hire a car over here.

It would be great to see you sometime Kenny :thumbup:

Last edited:

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't come, because in April and May I'm playing tennis (competition) every Sunday.

Have a great ride, the weather should be perfect for a ride!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a link to my local bike shop, and the bikes they hire: Zaanstad motoren I'm not sure if you need to get an international drivers license but I'm sure it will be the same conditions as when you hire a car over here.

It would be great to see you sometime Kenny :thumbup:

Thanks for the links. Now I'm just have to learn how to read Dutch.

Well with reference to my link:

There are 5 pages of bikes.

Dag = Day, weekend, midweek and week seem selfexplanatory ;) the extra KM's are when you exceed the "free Kilometers" per kilometer. Here is the free Km's list:
Day = 150 km free
Weekend = 300 km free
Midweek = 500 km free
Week = 1000 km free

As well as paying the rental fee You also have to leave a deposit of 300 euro's (you can use a credit card).

You are insured but you have to pay 1000 euro's in case of an accident (caused by yourself) you can reduce this to 500 euro's if you pay an extra 12.50 per day.

You are not allowed to take the bike out of the country.

I enquired about whether someone outside the Netherlands could hire a bike and this was allowed but they have to have an address inside the Netherlands (and someone who would vouch for you, as they can check the address). They have had a case of the bike being stolen by an international customer in the past.

If you want to know more you can always PM me Kenny :thumbup: