Spring ride in Holland on 18th April, are you coming?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't come, because in April and May I'm playing tennis (competition) every Sunday.

Have a great ride, the weather should be perfect for a ride!

Shame to hear you can't make it Robin, maybe next time :thumbup:

Peter (Speedygonzales) had some cramming to do so he couldn't make it this time.

Last edited:

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Really, I would like to ride there. What are the requirements? Do you have a link?

I can fly into Schiphol easy for free flying Continental Airlines. I would just have to figure out hotel and time off. Something I would like to do this summer.

Hey Vegasrider, I have two bikes, a Fazer (obviously) and an old FJ600. You're welcome to borrow the FJ600 to go for a spin. It's not too bad to ride either! Also I'm actually moving to Amsterdam at the moment, so as a tourist that's probably your first destination ;) Not sure how many people you are traveling with but I could probably find you a place to crash for at least a couple of days. Let me know...

Regarding the bike ride, I'm in afterall :D Due to the Vulcanic dust cloud I was unable to fly out of to Geneva for the weekend :( See you guys on Sunday.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Vegasrider, I have two bikes, a Fazer (obviously) and an old FJ600. You're welcome to borrow the FJ600 to go for a spin. It's not too bad to ride either! Also I'm actually moving to Amsterdam at the moment, so as a tourist that's probably your first destination ;) Not sure how many people you are traveling with but I could probably find you a place to crash for at least a couple of days. Let me know...

Regarding the bike ride, I'm in afterall :D Due to the Vulcanic dust cloud I was unable to fly out of to Geneva for the weekend :( See you guys on Sunday.

Andre I realise you must be gutted that you can't go to Geneva, but every (dust) cloud has a silver lining :thumbup:

See you on Sunday :rockon:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I might take you up on your generous offer. I would most likely be solo. Amsterdam is my favorite city in Europe, but there are so many cities that are a close second. I've spent some time in Rotterdam too. Amazing how the two cities differ. One is all new buildings, and the other old & historic. Thats what war will do.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The meeting point is Mercure hotel s'hertogenbosch-Rosmalen (Burg Burgerslaan 50) next to the golden arches (McDonalds) at 0930 tomorrow morning. Its on exit 20 of the A2 I'm not sure where we can get coffee but there must be a place nearby.

there will be four riders Ton (Thulst), Tim (Drinky), Andre (Unseen) & myself (Cloggy), but if anyone else wants to turn up feel free :rockon:.

The weather forecast looks good, see you all tomorrow :thumbup:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The meeting point is Mercure hotel s'hertogenbosch-Rosmalen (Burg Burgerslaan 50) next to the golden arches (McDonalds) at 0930 tomorrow morning. Its on exit 20 of the A2 I'm not sure where we can get coffee but there must be a place nearby.

there will be four riders Ton (Thulst), Tim (Drinky), Andre (Unseen) & myself (Cloggy), but if anyone else wants to turn up feel free :rockon:.

The weather forecast looks good, see you all tomorrow :thumbup:
yea weather looks awesome, was great today, sitting in the sun, having a cold drink, (coca cola :) still had to take the fz6 home)
looking forward to a nice ride and having lunch and/or coffee in the sun.

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
How was the ride? I'm jealous, it was a splendid day to take the bike out. During my tennis matches in Eindhoven, I repeatedly heard the sound of screaming motorcycles :(

Looking forward to your reviews/pics :)

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ohh it was great, from 10.00 till about 1430 I had a pretty good time. The weather was great and the route looked nice. Though I must admit, my average riding speed is usually a bit higher. Martin made a couple of pictures, so he should be able to show some.
I departed earlier due to some work related issues, we were about to have lunch in Breda.

We did have a realy nice drink somewhere just across the border in Belgium. I think I even got a slight tan!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a great day riding, we started with a coffee at the golden arches.

View attachment 26880

We met this guy Dennis returning from a (long) weekend of camping, on his FZ6, so we stopped for a short chat....

View attachment 26881

We came across this statue in Belgium, and thought it would make a nice pic, and great for a caption competition :D

View attachment 26882

We rode down a wooded road in Belgium and it shocked me when a small deer ran across the road in front of me, but thanks to the (huge) belgian speed bumps we weren't travelling very fast anyway :thumbup:

We stopped at a nice cafe in Poppel, Belgium.

View attachment 26883

We rode through the very busy Baarle Nassau, where Holland and Belgium not only meet but are "intertwined". After this we rode on to Breda.

I would like to appologise for my terrible route coming into Breda, it was one of the few parts I made myself (not taken from other routes), but I hadn't realise that I had planned it on a cycle path :eek:

We stopped in Breda for lunch at the bagels & beans and had a nice lunch with fresh bagels, fruit juice and coffee :thumbup:
Unfortunately Tim got called off on business, so Andre, Ton & myself rode on further.
We took the highway to the beginning of our new route just above Gorinchem.
The route started promising with some nice dike roads, later it became a nice route with typical Dutch scenary but it was a bit slow going upto Kinderdijk.

Here we took some pics of a few of the windmills at kinderdijk, and whilst we were parked up a sweet old lady told us that she really liked our bikes, I could just picture her riding off doing a wheelie down the street (but then again I do have a wild imagination :rolleyes:).

View attachment 26884

In Kinderdijk we had a coke at a cafe and then went by shuttle ferry over the river Lek.

View attachment 26885

Shortly after this we tackled the lekdijk, the first part was being rebuilt (see Andre's pics) for quite a distance. This created a dilema do we ride across the rough gravel or try and take a detour, well I was pleased we carried on, further on the road was normal again and a great ride.

We left the dijk at the bridge by the A2 highway Ton waved to us as he headed home, Andre and I were still hungry so we went for a Pizza at a nice restaurant in Vianen.

Thanks a lot guys for a great day, I had a blast, with great weather and even better company :thumbup:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Of all places to take a picture, you have to take a picture with a Mcdonalds in the background?

Like I have said, I woud love to ride a bike over in Europe. Too bad I don't work for FedEx, I could ship my bike over to Europe.

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
Good looking group of bikes! Looks like you guys had a fun ride! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guy's for the great ride yesterday.:thumbup:

The weather was great, the route was outstanding (again, thanks Martin) and the co-riders are the best....

See you all soon for the next ride.