streetfighter complete!

Looks great! Also glad to see another FZ6 + rotary owner on here, you get bonus points.:thumbup: I didn't have any problems putting Dev's kit on mine but it was a while ago, I can check tomorrow to see exactly how I bolted it up.

Yeah that's how I did it. Except I used those collars to space the stay to the frame. Maybe that was the problem, but I had to use those other bolts else where. In the instructions is said to use those to collars to connect the outter fairings to the headlight, but that didn't work at all. I didn't even zip tie it and it's in there pretty good. I still need to take it back off and clean up the wiring so I'll have to mess with it again...but the way I did it the headlight is nice and straight. Hopefully it doesn't rattle loose and I lose something on the highway.

And for those who were interested, the head light seems to put out good light. I'll know more once I ride at night, but it seems like it puts out the same light on the road as stock did with the bd43 head light mod.

I have tis kit and i have an issue with the fairing vibrating on the side of the forks, do you have this issue?

Havent really ridden in that much yet, but everything seems to be pretty secure. I had to use my own hardware to secure the side fairings to the headlight and their on there pretty tight. I'm sure after a couple of rides some stuff will begin to vibrate loose, I'll just have to remember to check it.

Havent really ridden in that much yet, but everything seems to be pretty secure. I had to use my own hardware to secure the side fairings to the headlight and their on there pretty tight. I'm sure after a couple of rides some stuff will begin to vibrate loose, I'll just have to remember to check it.

I ended up buying a pack of 6mm flat washers. I used them as spacers to widen the top of the fairing out a quarter inch on each side. I also used them down where the stay bolts to the forks to space the stay out a little further. Seemed to really help out.

the reason your spacers didnt work for the plastic side of the headlight is because you used the wrong spacers for the headlight stay. i did the same thing but reversed it. the wider spacers go on the headlight stay. the skinnier spacers fit nicely inside the marked holes on the plastic headlight sides.

also, did you figure out if you had a bad flasher? i have this same issue right now and the wiring is solid.

Hi Trey..I heartily appreciate your sharing my headlight kit with everyone..

I am truly sorry about the bad threads on the headlight bolts that hold the fairings.. it might be a bad batch... If you want I can send you some new ones and I will test them before I send to make sure they are good....

About the headlight power the bulb is a 35W/35W dual filament phillips H4. I have it on my FZ6 for over a year now and its okay for a city night driving...

Mounting the headlight stay to the frame/forks should have been straight forward. The stay has a hook on the brake side that tucks under the Triple Tree. The hook on the clutch side is moded and just needs to be zip-tied or hose clamped to the lockset. The bottom of the stay has two holes that match the holes on frame/forks. The kit has two 40mm M6 bolts and 2 20mm spacers that help maintain some space between the stay and frame so the handlebar can turn. If you get a chance I would appreciate if you can email me some pics of the stay mounted so I can see what is going on and I i need to make some adjustment...

Again I sincerely appreciate you sharing my kit with everyone..

xooapk.jpg

I haven't been on the boards lately, where can I see pricing on your headlight?

Scott

I believe the flasher issue is caused because the stock set up has 3 wires and the new blinkers only have two. So the bulb only has one filament where as the stock has 2. That's the only thing I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the flasher issue is caused because the stock set up has 3 wires and the new blinkers only have two. So the bulb only has one filament where as the stock has 2. That's the only thing I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe dev_usc can chime in on this..................

Hi guys.. sorry i havent been on the board lately.. I took this new job in Tennessee and I have been going back and forth between CA and TN lately..
I think I figured what the problem. The stock signal bulb is rated 12v 21W and the naked is rated 12V 10W. This changes the resistance in the loop and makes it flash faster. Well right now I dont have a fix for it but I will try some things and if I comeup with something I would inform everyone.

........ And now for some reason my blinkers are going crazy. They work fine when you first turn them on, but like 5 seconds later they start blinking really fast. .....

......and the video of my blinkers going crazy
YouTube - Fz6 blinker problem

Is it just a case that the load of the new bulbs is less and your bike thinks you've blown a bulb. You could try a load resistor like they use when installing LED lights.

eBay.ie Guides - Load resistors for LED indicator bulb replacement

Oh and the bike look totally awesome. Well done:thumbup:

Yeah I found one of those but cheaper Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play The fast blink doesn't really bother me too much anymore. Just as long as they blink I don't care.

Bothers the crap out of me for sure. I will most likely be going back to stock blinkers unless there's another alternative to spending more money on something else. I lined the stockers up before I mounted the smaller ones and it didnt look TOO bad i guess.

Back