• Keep it.

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Trade it off and get a new one.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kenny said it best.

Glad you're OK!

After some measurements to be sure it's all straight, I'd fix it if it is all in check. Any police report? Witnesses? Unfortunately, without an actual collision, the other driver wouldn't be charged regardless.

I hope this all works out well for ya!

yes he would, there are alot of laws to cover the downfalls of someones driving ability.

do you have dangerous driving? careless driving? wreckless driving? failure to drive in marked lane? driving without undue care and control? or any that are worded similiar? There's more out there than that, there does not necessarily have to any paint traded to be the recipient of any of those charges.

do you have dangerous driving? careless driving? wreckless driving? failure to drive in marked lane? driving without undue care and control? or any that are worded similiar? There's more out there than that, there does not necessarily have to any paint traded to be the recipient of any of those charges.

We do have reckless driving. I do not know about any of the others. The reckless driving probably covers alot.

I guess it depends on the state.

Here in California you don't have to make contact with another vehicle to be at fault in an accident.

In my accident the other driver only touched my rear tire(which caused me to highside), this made it difficult to prove that his vehicle touched mine, but he was still found 100% at fault.

This means in your case, the other driver in effect commited a hit and run, which is a serious crime.
I would atleast talk to an accident lawyer to get an idea on your options.

Unless you have their information, it would be treated as a hit and run and your insurance should cover it.
Do you have proper coverage or just liability?
What about UMPD coverage? I would've been lost without the uninsured motorist coverage.

With all that said, if the bike is only cosmetic damage, and insurance doesn't total it out, I say KEEP IT!

Back