Suggestions for my next weekend trip to Claw Of Dragon.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys,
We are a group of buddies, planning for a weekend trip, to complete all the loops of Claw of the Dragon (hopefully). We are starting from Charlotte, on Friday morning and planning to return back, by Sunday evening.
The Claw is 3.5 hours from my starting point.

I started looking for places in Wytheville, since it is the center of all the routes/loops, I thought it would be the best place to stay for Friday and Saturday night.
We did Tail Of Dragon, weekend trips in Places like Kickstand Lodge and Simple Life CampGround more than 3 times, in the past.
We are open to options, and suggestions for this upcoming adventurous trip.

We need help with:
1. A place to stay, I found franchise/branded lodges and motels for cheap, but, I’m looking for something Biker friendly and lively place to stay, like the aforementioned lodges from TOD.
2. Nice places to eat, based on your experience.
3. Gas stations are everywhere, and need not worry about them.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Found a couple of places/cabins like:
Deer Trail Park & Campground inc.
Stony Fork Campground
Buffalo Trail Cabins, Cottages and Campground
Real McCoy Cabins

Do anyone have any experiences with such places?

ClawOfTheDragon.com/maps.html

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In 2007, my friend and I rode up and stayed in a motel in "Townsend" Tennessee... It was outside Gatlinberg and close to excellent riding. I forgot the name of the motel but there was an excellent restaurant steak restaurant caddy corner across the street. A "Sub Way" in the other direction and NO traffic!

I had no complaints at all about the motel and it was very bike friendly.. There's like one main drag thru there so it shouldn't be hard to find...Very reasonably priced too..

That's my old Goldwing up front and my friends BMW.