Suspension set-up for lighter riders

Xdsxc

Reaction score
Visit site
Lately I've been looking at upgrading the suspension of my FZ6 since, like many others, I feel the front does dive too much during braking or throttle changes. I've looked on the forums for feedback regarding Racetech springs but I haven't found much feedback from people around my weight - around 145lbs. The calculator says I should get the 0.85kg/mm springs. I'm also considering using 10w fork oil since I have to replace my fork seals anyway. For anyone who has done this upgrade - do you feel it was worth it?

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I just swapped for R6 forks...huge difference. I have them set just a tad softer than stock and dropped 6mm...it makes the bike very flick-able under my 120lbs...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW: installing a fixed rate of 0.85 kg/mm should work good for you. I also have the R6 forks which are 0.88kg/mm and I weigh 205lbs w/gear. I can easily adjust the front for 30 mm of SAG which is good for me.

The OEM springs start at 0.70 or something like that so they are VERY soft for the first 2 inches.

I personally would not stop at the springs and would opt for the emulators and 7 to 10 wt oil.

Just my 2 cents... ...