SwingArm Extention

alexis

Reaction score
Visit site
I need help and all of your expertise because am out of ideas.

I looked for another threat and did not find one, so i apologize if am mentioning something already said.

I want to put a swing arm extension on my bike (fz6 S2 2008 ABS) but from what i googled there is no extensions for the bike. One friend of mine mentioned its because of the ABS, but other FZ6 models don't have ABS and still no Swing Arm extensions.

I don't want to get custom made one cos they cost ALOT:cheer:

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Examples on Swing Arm Extensions

xtensions.jpg
zx14swing.jpg

alexis

Reaction score
Visit site
Unbelievable i did my first thread and someone opened a similar threat 5 minutes before me :(:ban::(:ban::(:ban::(:ban::(:ban:

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
The other "thread" is about replacing the swingarm with a nicer looking one. You, for some reason, want to extend yours. What are you trying to turn the FZ6 into, a dragster?

Tim

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly for this type of change the money you would spend in fabrication costs would be better spent on a different motorcycle.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
You would probably be the first and only FZ6 owner to extend their swing arm.

I have no idea why anyone would purposely want to spend money on making your bike have crappier handling....:confused:

Is there a particular reason that you want to extend your swing arms?? Just for 'looks'? Trying to hang with the Busa crowd?

Not trying to rain on your parade, just honestly have no idea why anoyone would want to do this to an FZ6.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
What you want to do if buy a second swingarm off ebay, chop it up and your stock swingarm and weld the bits together again. You will probably need some bracing or summat on the inside to make it stronger. Make sure you take it to a GOOD welder!

A guy on my last forum did it here. He was happy, I couldn't really see much improvement really!

Last edited:

alexis

Reaction score
Visit site
What you want to do if buy a second swingarm off ebay, chop it up and your stick swingarm and weld the bits together again. You will probably need some bracing or summat on the inside to make it stronger. Make sure you take it to a GOOD welder!

A guy on my last forum did it here. He was happy, I couldn't really see much improvement really!

Thank you man, that's the answer i wanted to hear.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The extension is designed to keep the front wheel on the ground, so that being said the bike will be more forgiving of W.O.T. launches , however as a trade off, its going to be a slug around corners. The length is going to make tight corners harder to navigate, as well as forcing you to lean harder in normal riding......so why do you want do do this??? :confused:

alexis

Reaction score
Visit site
Every1 is saying WHY WHY WHY would i want to put a swing arm extension on my bike and destroy its beautiful riding.(I personally agree)

BUT...
First i have a 2006 Honda Varadero, so usually use that for long distance rides..

Second i crashed my ZX9 a few months back and got fz6 in its place, because my wife was GONNA KILL ME if i got anything more sporty :spank::spank::spank::spank:

Third ,,,so yes as some1 mentioned before i wanna make it more street , cos i miss my ZX9 :(:(:(:(

And please dont tell me ... U should of got an R6 or R1 because my wife would of kicked me out of the house :cheer::cheer: