Tank Bags

VMI2004

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody have a recommendation for a good magnetic tank bag for the FZ6?

Looking for the most practical bang for the buck.

Thanks!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using a Marsee since I stole it from my husband. I have to admit though, I consider my tank bag my motorcycle purse.....it holds all the crap a girl needs!! ;)

Marsee Motorcycle Luggage and Accessories

And I see you guys are both in Denver & new to the forum.......SO...........

:welcome: VMI2004
and
:welcome: RedRocket

Vikingj

Minnesota Viking Fan
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't use it reguarly, but I do like my Joe Rocket Hammerhead. It is easy to put on and off and looks like it was designed for the FZ. It has a couple of small windows on top I use for my Tom-Tom and cell. I think New Enough has them on special now.gifhumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I have this:
Nelson Rigg SSC-110 Silver Streak Magnetic Tank Bag :: New Enough

Nelson Rigg SSC-110 Silver Streak Magnetic Tank Bag

Eventually it scuffed up my tank. I would recommend not getting this bag. The material is abrasive. It just doesn't seem so when you first use the bag. Also, if there is dirt in between the tank and the bag (especially the magnets), you might scratch up your tank. This all happened to my bike during a long trip I took. I was using the tank bag every day for 5 weeks, in sometimes harsh conditions (rain, heat, cold, dirt).

I believe they make tank bags that fit onto your gas cap. That may be better.
EDIT: lytehouse provides a good example of what i'm talking about.

Last edited:

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Chase Harper magnetic and it works great and is built with very sturdy materials. The bag is not that large and fine for the basics, cell, wallet, keys, hat, etc.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Oxford magnetic mini tank bag.

I only need it for my phone, purse, sunnies and housekeys.

Mike has a MotoDry tank bag - magnetic and expandable - very good.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I have two magnetic tank bags with no problems scratching the paint. I bought this one for my FZ1. I did cut off the carry handle as I won't need it. It does have built in backpack straps if you need to carry it with you, Speed tested to 140+ and it stays put. Bought mine from motorcyclesuperstores.com
632935887931162951S12TBBLACK.jpg

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Gday!
I've got one of these (Dririder tank bag) Quite waterproof, sticks like glue. (Make sure you check the underside BEFORE you attach the bag each time to tank - paperclips, odd bits of metal, etc). The pic shows the bag at full extension, it halves to sit flush with around the tops of the bars.
Holds heaps. Bought it from eBay, great price, checked it out in person before I handed over the cash - Better safe than sorry!
Enjoy the extra space when you get one :thumbup:

VMI2004

Reaction score
Visit site
DO you know what model you have? I was looking at the 650, but was wandering how the reversible map pocket works, if the backpack straps are any good, and how the exterior pockets seem to be?

THanks,

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been happy with my Manta XL. I use it going to the gym for indoor rock climbing - it fits my shoes, chalk bag and pants just fine with room left for wallet and cell phone.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Oxford too, it has magnetic wings and a security strap that goes round the handlebar mounts. It has a map pocket on top, two side pockets and a rain cover. It can also be heightened by unzipping a zip around the bag.

This pic shows it in low mode.

tankbag.jpg

cmor15

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Manta tank bag. Seriously I wouldnt want to ride without it, its so useful. I keep gloves, sunglasses, clears, bandana, eyedrops, tire guage, food, and some other stuff in it all the time.

I put it reversed on the very front of the tank. Its small and looks really good on the bike I leave it on all the time. I'm kinda worried about it getting stolen when i leave my bike downtown. but it has plastic hooks on it so im gonna secure it to the handlebars somehow.

Its been getting cold out lately so ive been leaning with one arm on the bag infront of the windshield and its pretty comfortable and keeps you warm. I sometimes wish i had one of those huge bags that you can just straight lay on, but they look tacky as **** IMO.

1781_Manta_Tank_Bag.jpg

WORBC

WOuld Rather Be Cycling
Reaction score
www.smallsats.com

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the cortech super mini and it's aptly names. It's good for day trips and the like, but I wanted something a little larger so I just ordered the Mototrek 19 magnetic tank bag for a little more space. It was a toss up between this and the Rapid Transit recon 19, but when I tried that one on my bike I thought it was just a little too long.

I'll post some pics when it gets here.