Important Tapatalk disabled on the site.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently found out that the company who makes the app (Tapatalk) has started to store user information from forums and have begun to sell advertising based upon this information. We don't sell your info and we don't like the fact that we can't have control over that aspect to keep others from doing it. Another reason is that we like to have control over our community and we don't like some of the tactics used by Tapatalk to force us to comply with their methodology. They also will not support the full features of our forum and it leaves for an incomplete experience for some users at times.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just opened a thread from an email and the link opens in a format that is easy to read and navigate.
I really like this and I don't need the other apps to view the forum on my phone anymore.
Thank you Dennis!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In the past I would go to the forum using Firefox and the the forum would open on my phone browser as it would on my computer. You had to zoom in on anything to read it. That promoted me to use tapatalk. I've never used the phone browser since, The other day I hit the link off an email after I had uninstalled Tapatalk and to my surprise the forum displayed displayed in an easy to read format that was easy to navigate. I don't know if this was because of the new forum software or because browsers for phones have better ways to display for the phone.

Last edited:

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I never got the point of tapatalk... Responsive design templates (aka shrinks to mobile friendly) have been around for a while now.

Everything is app here, app there, most of them free. One golden rule of marketing is "if you get a product for free... most likely YOU are the product".

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I never got the point of tapatalk... Responsive design templates (aka shrinks to mobile friendly) have been around for a while now.

Everything is app here, app there, most of them free. One golden rule of marketing is "if you get a product for free... most likely YOU are the product".

When I first started using Tapatalk as noted previously, there was no phone friendly, responsive design template, experience for my phone so Tapatalk was a good choice for my interests, experience and technology on the forum.
I'm really enjoying my experience with the new forum software. ,:)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As best I could tell TP always limited users from the full experience. Silly things like; likes, mentions, and that "other thing"... lol something about you must spread the love before giving more to Motogiro again! Haha!