• Welcome to the Yamaha FZ6 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.

tej98's FZ6 Maintenance/Adventures Thread

^^ yes, the S2 has 2 cats built into the primary down tubes, so yes, they do breath better! Y pipe and up-tube are better too. Primary CAT, not so much!
Thus sometimes it pays to go back in time and repeat the past!

This one has that.... ;) S1 bits underneath!
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20190226-213335_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190226-213335_Gallery.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 80
Today I spent a few hours cleaning up the bike some more since I'm on Spring Break. I removed the rear fender to get rid of all the built up dirt from that area. I also polished up the bike using Meguiar's light polish on a drill attachment. Finally I sealed the paint using Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. It was pretty easy to apply so we'll see how long it lasts on the paint. Reviews online say its supposed to last up to 4 months. I will most likely be waxing the bike again before that though :D


Here's the sealant/wax:
go34Q04Tgnf8wAyJgPlpEIuLOByga0Oy_9H4XauUerAw-ZRcbl1l9TvuLb0nIUltu2T2xH156jfmgZ1IlogdmFP6yZOofm46U6GxP-PzEAuKLjp-IrGwM_ophsdn_a8b2_9jzwDpdo1co0hOkzCxE6_EpQamrN-3vik9xc7NaXNEXwukbpouksprjKB7sW9lIkF-7WHisXOk3p2fHzggFHbFMMT5HkNj-nXPznc7NmX839jBj6u8lgf-2nLttg20gFkL-5iqhVhDV1JsAm5JVM2L85NilOcM2ujnFrK-uULUMBW6cK5ChzLiwgFyJFZjV-v4A3PL7-qMgMBQW-Zqy4xATLjQdApoN976WkggHkJ6-cHmhOpdWUY-KV2Yfq1TLLJNslvcS42qv8N09g02cCg0nXe7v0IUL0812SyEvJ6QYBeJSIQtr6uXsNCFop6nTGNV3GIo-BJDMqKDneKSswan4cuty4vku1jQqG4etwgwaMJjex05o0NLcKL2wZjdGrbixOgP0wWmP8rMioyWMTqu-wRbdKnTBGeXXD5sgAqlnl_pXXuyVwLfCe_Y4hNU0o3WA0Ya8cYA79dwk4D5r9d6Xohxw2x7stMK5EKPDa5E0p1HKbmMJpwQTdQ8IX0FzgVKRs-4H_gKR2t2wTjgyo6ufjuqu_e-=w968-h1289-no


In the sun:
gLasmNKhKfYLRtQUdh1poVddqK3a7kZ361Rk6pwUrTG5lQLLuKl9891muZY_iN1PC6iGf32BxsYMUs5P7BG2c3OH94eTjMppeakveuvMsOvNIfnU2NGB2JjxSaLJrUERmJ4N9rtWbnt9HobUhwnsZFDswAzfTYW7ZtwbRHGxLpma1o2-F6lLmzac-s1xhP_ijvfinY5SfkqmFO8CDqYFpNm3-vy2pmUcbXgOYMZgZgfpGEUu2Wubg58S8WvstyVro4_HRptBWS776x2DhGddp611ofRsCGrc6jeEcVX4riwjc5iEMBONCTL3YfDFJEu9z2rFiTPU8n8orztTnhd3jxZnlWl4XyTLiSWK8NFYpejGVpALHJUWa1_q1-99Mw58df6rFgaSg5iA9iM92u_Ru4UoBtaTyAfRVp-GakN9MObFjUUW9mbw97wVZ2mvkdbrC9g-OCCJcq35uJPIJYNCv9LBJsSe79ReEJf_-kOf6w4dGotHALwlhOFwm9uhyIVTkm92ZEhQjHXUpQie8f_5-Kaaagqtz0Q3wWrSRrQ6JMXxG7mCoKc6FGy0vv8G2KpMQUkbAPSkyvezK6-nNA8doXc265Ah_xCJkR1IhxkwZMFUfqXPWlfTpszO25XUH0fq18HaV_x7qMCacpmvQQEWusPCTkSxuAv_=w1024-h756-no


O0tNLGK8oJbwpW3dsgFoEXr0Z-t70Ee8sAJigP2CxEtPuMehjMNgeuHymeBBW-TG98c3lS2w1nZqJd0FS2F_xLX2Q24E65BxBER-fZEUTQa8Oddp8bwJts7bcwWkt8qH_CNbNV6l1Jq2uBSZxpu26yO3xZZMsxwVS03sDku62qphqUVH_9K-IAOLTymjGxbApSeQaZdlArjwU_OohGOPyNeRtXeqfIDDcPHtcgEPddFMHUpB198zQlQaROAqdgtUCn_r47eSTpFMJda5XsfMfQ1HWIG-TsJEUcDWFWrrlENivPHZ5AxrE-dnX4H06lPRcbuLXzd4iLyMCeRg2tUSpriaRfn2wvFmvNhQEpy-Ptsty4NeF7cuv51a5CBrZPbXcY3QYQMGNdSve7BDFBCAjCBq5K2pbVysPvvc5XgEqL-VBturA0TugeID-BQ893X_eIE6_XTIiC5OXnaQf7wE5FWOI0S7sD6ABoxNYC_4tT5iVKlN71K_Yisvm0h3dNZygpVwydPhFdj8cRNqVpGWQUCnEZi78WHIjLDSSF3H4kdk0-nozYC2ILOfL4AJ3AJxwa-h9uOeHVvO6c5VBeIYQ9jPipGIjwgbIPH9pv7CbOtbHuMZErStkNExkQksX4s74jzEjIQqUCZ81ela99YGYubO2MArXQY9=w1024-h756-no


nbbjXhIN-yU03Nw52Y7gJfBmKORB4CtlxfYLYbC6JGgoOcQaoQIBg9hcHRRNCO0E2P-DxmQTRp_UYIwEPEotpyo-qMXeOH6qzUwO-ySmYTApEXgcZbSeAMmAwwZVJpXLZda6qQ82sZRlH2qhvHtlQOlP8NFKU_AGZyjokV826ypZ-x3tG3vm622U7rNZKky8AvvdIuDqagIJNmmikA4lF3SSjt04lZzMGCLDi6ab2Px_RpXAnU-fJ1AD9z2sOGPhEmpTijZ_xHEMqPKpFHSBkYA4A7NBqMXZ59XuwDyurufIF5VpV5UUit1jiMnW0M7iprU0l3QgRetbRi1pFdYGwyy0-O6kCXb0IxVJCbG5DXAS2kARUC9cnLie2JYqDbkd_ISehPQTNQToA7poN_HCimz9cFEESPDDbGAVetZY8FQgaDeA52eEZ11p1IHeDJVinwM9aDlTnO5cBD4aq09XojhjVRblEGeHJCGzssJGfV-Y8IV0V-RJk2eSZLLtL4DINAQXDYGRwRjil2r3_IA3t4TeUON0WoTSfrdKHuzV1L0y2qeKIveUbP0S3FMGE2tr57Ey83gPxwhn6N_ST4i7eCJQ87vwwMxEKcfaktbzg88yur2CV3Oqh37un29WarCVazGlrLYvMidGNwF5JxXyjBwkhE_7CSsU=w1024-h756-no


tknMm5DRHmAVj18xaeJFGro5lyrYZuXi_ZiQsFvywDzlbXT8RMt4TNqAEMlt-WKUkn2AUnUezfUmM1dJZ4BCHDNc6MBsHU1gWnPZLQs3TfSun4dc7yBHMq-HPL4jDEbFHApnGcuLE0zTGzUdYnmBfrVqK05sPS-ggpQEVdeEC4rekULTm-62jw54FEDI67uuarEqPVIIDLSI8g0jcKbi9FlZu12RwiJLxmGbml4K3vphQTiZyNhmbC9r3MSy-JFADFDzQnGAHKo83-2P4rffbBpWlDWK2wFRow2YfXnKnS4smJo-8OKEqTW0gf16LnQ5VYimRuV43-akw_ze_v-9Yis_1d-UeErkOAUwtnaC0E6F1jv-UUJZyzmmj_qOM2gTZz79plQwsvGN7-4DqQEBHVLlhFK0Z4e-Xw--D9bxAkfKliV-5EV-IrqwvD9G76qjzpKqUNB6Geg4JpNS5d0W-VQOVyvrHGKaSD3XEKXG4GcjUyZp_-cP6RvZUgtv_yXMRsJdnXTvWIalLfUn2pXrGLAa2KdQUqlw2XZqqkThG8dxrB4AP29iAzDA5N25rV3t4v3-z5LVbSFh9pgfpeYBiWs7rGNSLraG-J8WSz-AQj3TYFgjmewFIobc1fwCXXKVHv3T7MUhCUUJIcAzch-Oe7NYmJJcWext=w1024-h756-no


Overall, I am very pleased with the Collinite. It brings out a level of shine that I've never seen before on this paint. I'll likely keep using it and will update with how long it keeps the paint protected for.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3190.jpg
    IMG_3190.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 14
The "FASTER BLUE" shines thru!!

Looks great!!


I see a poor BMW in the background, getting fixed..:(

Haha yep it sure does! Thanks!

The BMW is my dad's 1997 R850R "Olympic Edition". Its actually pretty nice but a good bit heavier than the FZ6 so I'm not completely comfortable with it yet.
 
Well, it's been years since I last logged into this forum. Still have the FZ6, although have graduated college and started working since then. Brother and father have had and sold a few more bikes, but the FZ6s keep a special place in our hearts, so much so that we now have 3 S1s :D

Anyways, here are a few shots of mine over the years. It's taken me on weekend trips with friends, day long rides, and been an absolute joy to look at over the years. With work and life, time for riding is generally slim these days, but the FZ6 is always ready when I have time. I'll never sell this bike, I'm sure one day it will make a nice exhibit to just sit and look at. Currently tracking 17k miles in total, of which I've added 6k over ~8 years of ownership, and finally wore through a set of tires. New Michelin Road 5s going on, our first DIY motorcycle tire mounting. The observant eye may note the new windscreen after I got tired of looking at the old pitted/faded original, and a variation of seats. I've settled on the original seat for now, funny enough :)tempImageHJzgX0.pngtempImage5TRqQc.pngtempImageHasRC0.png
tempImagetlPaRU.pngtempImageVnauF7.pngtempImageuAkLEL.pngtempImageseKJRK.png
 

Attachments

  • tempImageLHrBBr.png
    tempImageLHrBBr.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 4
Back
Top