Text BOOKS, not driving!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a graphic UK video (to get kids---and adults?---to not text 'n drive). I realize that some can multi-task or text responsibly and dislike laws against it. Nonetheless, the video probably could not even be shown on public TV (too gruesome) Check it out?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LCmStIw9E&feature=related]YouTube - PSA Texting while Driving U.K. Ad [HD][/ame]

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a very good video. It scares the crap out of me watching people text as I pass them on my bike, or truck.. or just crossing the street at a stop light. Hopefully they get this video out to the public before someone gets a ticket or crashes. It seems counter intuitive, or at least not nearly as effective to have videos like this shown in classes for offenders only. Kinda like closing the barn door after the horse is already out. They say texting while driving is worse than driving drunk, and I believe it.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw that ad a while ago and it is clear that while texting may have played a part in the crash the real problem is everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road. :spank:

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be simple for the phone carriers to stop a phone from being able to text while it was in motion. Period. You could still use hands free and make calls. It just wouldn't text. That would be the logical move. You or your passengers don't really need to text while moving. Make a call! Hands free and texting laws don't mean anything except that there are runs on hands free units every time a law is passed so it adds to the revenue of sales of HF units that are thrown into glove boxes and never used.
I always use my Bluetooth. I'd rather be exposed to much smaller, close proximity radio freqency from my blue tooth than the larger radio frequency of my handset anyway.
There are rare times that I text while being a passenger. But I wouldn't care if I couldn't receive or send text while in motion. It's not a question of our safety. If it were, it would have never been allowed technologically in the first place and I don't believe any of these public service messages will over ride the urgency of texters.
The solution is the same as if you lived in the jungle. You must be sharpen your awareness of your environment as well as your skills as a rider/driver.

Don't be afraid, be alert!

Cliff

Last edited: