Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear about your Marine, the Brits are taking a pounding there too,
met and worked with some of your people in my time there, great bunch

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope CdnMedic returns safely to family and friends after his challenging tour.

So do I, but I guess he'll learn a hell of a lot and hopefully save many lives himself.

I don't agree with the Iraq war but Afghanistan is another kettle of fish...God bless all those out there, no matter what religion, race and army.

Best of luck CdnMedic!! :) Let your 6th sense look after ya! :)

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, guys! Totally unexpected to see this!! Thank you very, very much!

Got back in Late November (was busy when I got home with the holidays and family after, and am now finally getting back to regular life).
Tour was a life changer for sure. Saw the world in a unique way, and made me grow up a little bit.
Lost my best friend in June, another medic. But I sure was proud to carry him on my shoulder on to that plane ride home. Last thing we said to eachother was "love ya buddy, stay safe", the night before it happened.

Had those crazy moments, and days that wouldn't end but it's what I joined for and glad to see that the way we train works! I didn't lose a single soldier under my care. Kandahar city was interesting, head always on a swivel but we deffinately made a huge dent in insurgent activity, and actually felt pretty safe on our partols in that area.

I travelled the entire AO, as I was the medic that filled in for injured medics or guys on their R&R. Worked with Americans, Brits, Aussies. All great, we are deffinately one great big brotherhood... And those A-10s and Apaches can be a blessing at times.
My main job, was a mentor for the Afghan Army and police. I would work with small teams of Canadians training the Afghan services how to maintain their own country. I would teach advanced first aid, and provide care for them when they needed it. They are a good group of guys to work with, always happy and willing and some are really skilled soldiers.

All in all it was a great experience. Changes how you look at the world, to be on the inside looking out, not the way most of us see it!
I'll be posting up pictures at some point, they sure have a unique way to customize their bikes!

Again, thank you!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the OUTSTANDING job you have done for all of us :thumbup:

A rep is on its way , its not much I know but its the least I can do for being there to help any Aussies that needed patching up ;)

Well thanks for patching up any wounded really :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, guys! Totally unexpected to see this!! Thank you very, very much!

Got back in Late November (was busy when I got home with the holidays and family after, and am now finally getting back to regular life).
Tour was a life changer for sure. Saw the world in a unique way, and made me grow up a little bit.
Lost my best friend in June, another medic. But I sure was proud to carry him on my shoulder on to that plane ride home. Last thing we said to eachother was "love ya buddy, stay safe", the night before it happened.

Had those crazy moments, and days that wouldn't end but it's what I joined for and glad to see that the way we train works! I didn't lose a single soldier under my care. Kandahar city was interesting, head always on a swivel but we deffinately made a huge dent in insurgent activity, and actually felt pretty safe on our partols in that area.

I travelled the entire AO, as I was the medic that filled in for injured medics or guys on their R&R. Worked with Americans, Brits, Aussies. All great, we are deffinately one great big brotherhood... And those A-10s and Apaches can be a blessing at times.
My main job, was a mentor for the Afghan Army and police. I would work with small teams of Canadians training the Afghan services how to maintain their own country. I would teach advanced first aid, and provide care for them when they needed it. They are a good group of guys to work with, always happy and willing and some are really skilled soldiers.

All in all it was a great experience. Changes how you look at the world, to be on the inside looking out, not the way most of us see it!
I'll be posting up pictures at some point, they sure have a unique way to customize their bikes!

Again, thank you!

So glad you're home safe! I know there can be times and experiences in life that can not be expressed. You have to be there at that moment with no net...
Thank you for your service to our countries! Also thank you to your best friend......

massaudio

Reaction score
Visit site
I am new to the forum, but am currently stationed here in Kandahar, Afghanistan and have had the pleasure to work with some Aussie's and some Canadians on the aviation side of the house. Thank you guys for all you do!!! and all the sacrifice you have made. You are a GREAT group of guys !!!
P.S. The helicopters I work on and repair are more than happy to join the fight and help whenever they can :) For a soldier who never gets to join the fight, It's good to hear that what I am doing at least helps.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the OUTSTANDING job you have done for all of us :thumbup:

A rep is on its way , its not much I know but its the least I can do for being there to help any Aussies that needed patching up ;)

Well thanks for patching up any wounded really :D

Just did exactly the same thing...chucked some rep your way Mr Medic...

And i echo Humpy's thought's...

Thanks a Million!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am new to the forum, but am currently stationed here in Kandahar, Afghanistan and have had the pleasure to work with some Aussie's and some Canadians on the aviation side of the house. Thank you guys for all you do!!! and all the sacrifice you have made. You are a GREAT group of guys !!!
P.S. The helicopters I work on and repair are more than happy to join the fight and help whenever they can :) For a soldier who never gets to join the fight, It's good to hear that what I am doing at least helps.

Thank you too....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

massaudio

Reaction score
Visit site
I have noticed there are allot of military from all over on here !!! That is awesome !!! Is there anyone currently stationed here in Kandahar ? Would love to meet some fellow FZ6's !!!