Thanks heavens for a GATSO!

ashridge

Reaction score
Visit site
Had my first spill in 10 years of riding this evening - must have hit some black ice or diesel and the bike went straight out from under me. Luckily as I had just passed a GATSO I was still doing only 30mph.

Worst thing was watching my pride and joy scrape 40m down the road with sparks flying everywhere.

Good news is I'm fine except for a broken thumb and some scraped-up leathers. Even better news is that other than my Rizoma engine guard which is almost completely worn away and a scrapped foot peg, there's not a mark on the bike...

I was also very pleased that a several cagers stopped to ask if I was OK or needed help, including a fellow biker who'd had an off in the same place earlier in the year.

Boo to the Hertfordshire Police car who didn't bother to stop...

W

wrightme43

Suxxors man. Heal up quick and sorry about your bike. Those frame savers are awesome.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your OK bro,heal quick:thumbup:
Sounds like the bikes not too bad either,but give it a good once over just incase;)

ashridge

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the advice - i'll take it down to my local dealer next weekend (assuming I can get my hand in my glove by then!)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am glad you are OK.
Can I presume that you have an Orthopaedic outpatient appointment booked for the broken thumb?
When you see the "Orthopod" ask them to check out you co-lateral ligaments.
Controls left and right movement of your thumb (apposing digit movement). It can be a tricky bugger to pick up. It is not an uncommon injury with motorcyclists, as the bars come round they can create a huge impact.
I have ruptured mine twice, the first time was missed, the second time was diagnosed.
When you say broken thumb which bone did you break?

Heal quickly.

Nelly

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the spill. Hopefully the thumb will heal quickly and sounds like the protection on both you and the bike did their job! :rockon:

Hate to sound dumber than normal, but what's a GATSO? :confused:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The worst Dutch invention ever :(

Sorry to hear about your spill, pleased to hear you're relatively OK. Unbelievable that the cop car didn't stop.

Last edited:

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you and the bike are fine fella :thumbup: but I must say its a first time I have heard someone say they were happy to see a gatso :D

:spank: That Dutch man :spank:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear your ok, and your pride and joy is not mashed!

Also glad people stopped to see if you where ok...that's a nice feeling.

:thumbup: