The Chia Obama- another bad idea

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
It's racist to say that Barack Obama's hair is tightly coiled in a way that can be represented artistically by the sprouts on a Chia-head?

I thought that was just what his hair looked like. He also has brown eyes, as do most black people. Am I racist for pointing that out?

The original Chia-pet was a sheep, and the seed sprouts closely resembled wool. Is the Chia-pet racist against sheep?

As for the Chia-Obama's terra cotta base, it's a pretty good representation of our President's face. So I don't consider that racist.

Chia-Obama might be in bad taste, but unless it being marketed as the "Chia N****r President Who Is Inferior To White People" it's not racism.

Fred

P.S. Yeah, I went there.

P.P.S. I'm going to buy one.

P.P.P.S. To anyone who is still taking this post seriously, I invite you to buy a Chia-Obama and plant it with wheatgrass. You can then call it the Chia-Fred.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, any reference to dennis rodman is always win-win.

but ya, i agree....this isnt racist. people shouldnt be so sensitive all the time. racism is malicious by nature. well-meaning ignorance isnt racism either. this chia-obama is neither.

(by the way well-meaning ignorance cannot be denied. until we bridge gaps in society it will always be there. i.e. people that arent evil but are ignorant)

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
...Chia-Obama might be in bad taste, but unless it being marketed as the "Chia N****r President Who Is Inferior To White People" it's not racism...

After reading this part of your reply and thinking about it in depth, I would say that you are correct. The Chia Obama is not racist as defined in a dictionary, just a caricature of a black man with tight curls. I think it's distasteful, but I agree that it is not malicious.

I was wrong Fred, thanks for giving me another point of view.