The FZ6 Pony Express 2?

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I was reading up on a thread that took place about 2 years ago about delivering this bag from Main to California, which didn't quite make it. It has been awhile since the last express and now that we have inherited more members and possibly might be an idea to do another. I wasn't quite on the forum yet at the time but I think it would be pretty fun to do another if people don't think its redundant.

Let me know what you think

Is it too late in there year to do it? I dunno. The last one started in May. If so we will plan for it next year. Either way its a thought.

Original Thread http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...8-fz6-pony-express-route-riders-comments.html

"The bag will "wander" from the Maine to the California coast. There is a listing of riders and states to be covered below. The only rule for routing is it has to move in a general westerly direction with one or more riders joining in. If there are large gaps in volunteer riders between one state and another, it will have to wait until someone picks up the slack. Each rider has the responsibility of arranging and meeting the next person in line for the bag's handoff and posting the information on this site.

Please include pictures and trip comments also on this thread so others may enjoy a virtual trip too!

The only rules:

Those taking the bag should have donated money to the charitable causes mentioned below. The amount you personally dontate or raise is based your individual choice/effort. You're on the honor system.

Suggested non-profit groups

Cancer Research Foundation
Susan B. Kohmen Foundation (for breast cancer)
Arthritis Foundation
Make a Wish Foundation
Alzheimer's Foundation
Shriner's Hospital
St. Jude's Childrens Hospital
Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF) Ride-4-Kids

My preference is for the PBTF since they often are involved with various motorcycle fund-raising efforts and have an excellent cause too. I guess each person could select one of the above groups and make their check(s) payable to the above organization.

There will be no money or donation slips included in the bag. The bag (picture of actual bag) will be symbolic and people are free to add any reasonable "goody" they see fit for general use. I included in the bag a CD-ROM version of Unbuntu Linux and a Van Halen #1 music disk for those who need a little motivation before starting the ride each day.

The first leg of the journey will have Maycyn riding from southwest harbor to Lubec Maine most likely on early May. She will then be taking the bag from southwest harbor, Maine to Scotia NY on May 15th. The bag will be passed to Have2BeFree on May 16th. The rider taking the bag after Have2BeFree is ant_mb and is tentatively scheduled for Saturday May 23rd.

I look forward to the upcoming posts.

Happy Trails,

Last edited:

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats an awesome idea! I know there are tons of riders here but I am willing to cover the Jersey portion of the trip if need be. :BLAA:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
if it happens to find its way down to ga ill run it to alabama well nevermind birds fly upside down over alabama cause there aint nothing worth ****ting on ill pass it on further on down the line if i have too