The great Yamaha con, where have all me horses gone?

What power is your engine

• 2004 FZ6

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • 2005 FZ6

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • 2006 FZ6

Votes: 45 28.8%
  • 2007 FZ6

Votes: 37 23.7%
  • 2007 FZ6 S2

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • 72Kw 98 Ps

Votes: 26 16.7%
  • 56 kw 78 Ps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ninja 250 so powers not a problem

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • FZ6 33 Kw (restricted) 56 Kw 78 Ps

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • FZ6 33 Kw (restricted) 56 Kw 78 Ps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

finboz

stealth browser
Reaction score
Visit site
back on topic i checked my registration certificate and max net power is blank the number on the owners manual is 5vx-28199- e1, i have a blue 2004 fz6-s which is the most powerful colour available and should only be ridden by experienced riders like myself (2000 miles so far) :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
back on topic i checked my registration certificate and max net power is blank the number on the owners manual is 5vx-28199- e1, i have a blue 2004 fz6-s which is the most powerful colour available and should only be ridden by experienced riders like myself (2000 miles so far) :D
Hummm strange, why have some of us got power listed and some of us not?

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
Power Rating

Where did you see the power rating bit, I am blind as a bat lol.

I remember seeing 72Kwh somewhere on the reg document. only that i had to send it back to DVLA because of a spelling mistake.
I have a FZ6 2005 unfaired version.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
after reading about the nakeds and the ABS on the bikes over the pond I admit I felt some pangs of jealousy at all your options. Now I feel pretty happy I was not given the opportunity to buy a less powerful bike because when I walked in the door all I knew was I wanted the FZ. All the people lurking on this board before buying are really doing themselves a favor!

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
The missus has an '05 Fazer, not sure what power it was putting out as stock, but with a cat-eliminator, K&N filter, Remus Revolution pipes and a custom map on the PCIII it came out at 99.8bhp at the rear wheel. Anyone know what that is in Kw??

I'm a bit confused about this 'lower state of tune' stuff, I've heard there were two powers of Fazer, but I've not actually come across a low power version anywhere.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The missus has an '05 Fazer, not sure what power it was putting out as stock, but with a cat-eliminator, K&N filter, Remus Revolution pipes and a custom map on the PCIII it came out at 99.8bhp at the rear wheel. Anyone know what that is in Kw??

I'm a bit confused about this 'lower state of tune' stuff, I've heard there were two powers of Fazer, but I've not actually come across a low power version anywhere.
Hi Mate 99.8hp + 74.43

Unit converter - Horsepower, Kilowatts, KPH, MPH

Welcome, what you doing on thw 12th April?

Nel

Last edited:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site

There's a limited version at about 30bhp. It's to do with some bizarre legislation, that I'm far too old to be bothered by, for young / new riders.

BTW, welcome

Valles240

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, mine only has 92.8 but this is at the rear wheel......

whp always reads lower than bhp. The conversion percentage between is disputed because it depends on a few different factors (rwd/awd, type of dyno...) I have read many things on this and they are never constant on numbers, but a general one is .78bhp = whp, approx. a 22% loss in this case. (i have seen anywhere from 10-25+% claimed as correct, just multiply the whp by 1.(%), for example: 92.8whp x 1.18 to represent 18% loss and calculate your bhp) Since this is based on drivetrain loss i would assume that a motorcycle (i was referring to cars before) would have much, much less loss. But in any case, whp is much more accurate than bhp.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2004 Fazer with Akrapovics on it. Last time I had it on a dyno which was about a year ago, it read 98.4hp and 247km/h top end. Bearing in mind that I am at 5,500ft above sea level which is a real power robber, I don't think that's half bad!

And those Akros sound awesome approaching redline!

JamesQGM

Reaction score
Visit site
What BHP is a 2007 FZ-6 SA?
I am looking for a fazer as my first big bike and am confused at what a FZ-6 SA is. Is it an old model late registared, a new de-tuned model or an S2?

Many thanks

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What BHP is a 2007 FZ-6 SA?
I am looking for a fazer as my first big bike and am confused at what a FZ-6 SA is. Is it an old model late registared, a new de-tuned model or an S2?

Many thanks
Hi, it should be the full power model.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats me mate, you can now call me lightning lol. I did realise that, you never know though. The question was unanswered. There could be a new member lurking in SA as we speak wondering the same question.

Last edited:

gazmacuk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi fellas, I have got a s2. I have put on a set of scorpion exhausts and a K&N Filter....anyone any idea what it will be putting out now????