The "Off Topic" thread...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my insurance renewal in the post, has come down a bit since last year. $374 for full comp cover, with helmet and gear included :D

Me happy.

:rockon:

That's seems to be "ball-park" for all us "old farts" on FZ6's....

Thanks for sharing Dave.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well P[inky went off to the 'Knackery" today.....we moved her to the shop for our next weird and wonderful bike "experiment"

Yes, Evil is about to be conjured....we are making two "new" bikes!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I hope its humane!
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Nothing too crazy...just making one "Super dooper FZ6" and one bog stock, from all the bits we have....

Well actually Pinky is becoming Damien....eventually all the stuff on Damien will be transferred onto Pinky's running gear, so i will have an 07 version of Damien, with only 5000km's on the clock, as opposed to 35000km's, with an 07 swingarm, etc, etc, plus the really schmick bits of Pinky replacing some of the stuff on Damien...like the Up Spec Ohlins full remote shock & Ohlins Steering Damper, etc...bike will look almost identical when done..

But before we do that, we have to put Pinky together as a bog stock bike as it came from the factory, to get it registered....has never been registered...so it needs to be inspected...

Then i will have a "new" street bike with all the best bits for an FZ6 i own, and then i can sell Pinky.....and get another bigger track bike...And go bracket racing...the perfect place for a delusional ol fart like me to wobble about disgracefully out on the track!

The FZ6 Cup is doomed, so it makes sense...

By the time i finish with prepping the old Damien for sale, it will still be a pretty trick FZ6N...All new OEM running gear, exhaust, fenders, lights, seat, seat surround, handlebars, grips, etc, plus a pc111 tuned for 98hp with aftermarket pipe, a 520 Conversion, Racetech Front end, Ohlins rear, and maybe, just maybe the single GYTR can conversion....

Would be interesting to see what that would get in the market place...it will be with the repaired, very sexy orange tank too...

hmmmm...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch, Im in the same old fart region. I paid $348.00 rating one, sum insured $9177 and helmet cover. Swann Insurance????

There seems to be a few of us "Ol Farts" getting about the place...when i was in my late teens, early twenties, paying ridiculous amounts to insure any bike....i used to look at us "ol farts" and think, you lucky buggers! Crap, now i am one of them!

40 is the new 30 i say! :rockon:

Dunny

Hit the road jack
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There seems to be a few of us "Ol Farts" getting about the place...when i was in my late teens, early twenties, paying ridiculous amounts to insure any bike....i used to look at us "ol farts" and think, you lucky buggers! Crap, now i am one of them!

40 is the new 30 i say! :rockon:
I can remember when we didnt insure our bikes because the premiums were to ridiculous, a couple years of premiums and I had paid more than the bike was worth and the excess was a small fortune....... throwing caution to the wind,

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can remember when we didnt insure our bikes because the premiums were to ridiculous, a couple years of premiums and I had paid more than the bike was worth and the excess was a small fortune....... throwing caution to the wind,

Yep, been there, i think a lot of us have....made you try real hard to save that bike from major damage in a bingle!!!!

:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL,no,not as clean as yours,but better than it was................was only a two stubbie job.

Well f*** me swinging! Mick got the digit out of his dial and got all lovingly with his bike!!!!

2 stubby job...looked more like a half a slab job to me!!!

Nice job! still gonna give you crap for it though! :Flip:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do you find beer for removing the old crappy lube?
I'm more a fan of using kero, obviously not drinkable, but it makes the beer go a bit further in other respects. :D

It depends. Works just fine if you run it through a pressure cleaner.

I think it's the bubbles that help:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it's Sunday morning, and I am sitting in some trendy little cafe in chapel street, eating eggs, and contemplating the world on zero sleep..after basically going straight from my gig to the airport this morning!

Making my way back to Adelaide tonight...after a day spent doing a bit of shopping!

Anyway...just thought I would share!

Love Melbourne lots...it's a dirty ol joint, but I love it!