Thinking about Dunlop Q3

2006Fz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I have an 06 fz6 with stock tires and will change this spring. I commute some and ride twisty back roads on the weekends. Anyone riding on the Q3's? Also looking at the pilot power 3's. I have read the post regarding the pilots and would like some new reviews if you care to comment.:D Thank...!!!!

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Road Pilot 3's I got 19k out of my last pair, if you commute in any rain you will love them.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are two totally different tires with two totally different purposes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Q3 and Pilot Power = sticky sport tire. suitable for track

Pilot Road 2, 3, 4 = all around good tire that gives very good grip for "sporty" riding. great mileage and good in wet. definately not a tire you put on a supersport bike

As Hellgate says 2 different type tires.

For me the PR2 is plenty enough grip. Has served me well for 2 sets.

I would expect the Q3 would perform in line with the Power Pilot but last much fewer miles than the PR2, 3, or 4. Not sure how good would be in wet weather. It all depends on the type of riding you will do. These would be a gigantic step up in performance from stock rubber

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're OK with getting 3k miles out of a set of tires, than Q3 is a great choice. They're very popular for track use (that's what I've have on my track bike.. though to be fair I've only ridden Q2 on track so far.. very confidence inspiring).

For street use, I prefer sport touring tires (PR2, PR3, PR4, Z8... etc).. plenty of grip and 4 times the tire life (mileage-wise)

2006Fz

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies:thumbup: I will take your advice and look at the pilot road tires. Can't wait for winter to end:(