ThisIsBenji's FZ6

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you like the setback plates?

I had to remove mine after an hour of riding, they were destroying my knees!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics benji
Botm contenders

Rooftop carpark? How long was the exposure, fill flash? Nice balance!

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics benji
Botm contenders

Rooftop carpark? How long was the exposure, fill flash? Nice balance!

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

Those were about 10 second exposures, I wanted to do 20 seconds but it was too bright out (suppose I could have thrown on my ND filter). I basically set off the camera and then walked around the bike firing off my flash at different angles.

How do you like the setback plates?

I had to remove mine after an hour of riding, they were destroying my knees!

I really like them, did 250 miles with them on this morning. No knee problems here. Keep in mind I'm 5'6".

Looks awesome.
Clear or smoked indicator lenses would be better also.

I'v thought about changing them out, but I like how bright the OEM ones are. I haven't seen a aftermarket indicator that I like in person yet. They always seem to be hard to make out at a distance when I'm following guys with aftermarkets.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like them, did 250 miles with them on this morning. No knee problems here. Keep in mind I'm 5'6".

That's great!

I'm 6'2 with a close to 36" inseam, let me tell you they were no fun at all for me...

PS: i have smoked lenses, and honestly the difference in brightness is negligible.

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
That's great!

I'm 6'2 with a close to 36" inseam, let me tell you they were no fun at all for me...

PS: i have smoked lenses, and honestly the difference in brightness is negligible.

Damn you are all legs. I'm 6'1" and the plates are fine for me.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you guys think if I vinyl wrapped my forks between the triples? I did a quick photoshop for reference.

I got the idea from the FZ-07.

2015-Yamaha-FZ-07-IMG_2859.jpg

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Removed my center stand and rear passenger pegs today. Dropped about 7 lbs off the bike. I never thought I would remove the center stand, but after the setback plates my heel kept resting on it. Ugh.

That being said it does really clean up the look of the bike, and the passenger pegs can be put back in a couple of minutes if I want to take the girlfriend for a ride.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Well... I'm back to the bikini fairing for now. Maybe I'll go naked again in the future, but for now I'm content with the fairing.

Anyways, here's a few updated photos from a recent ride.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
holy cow this bike looks AWESOME!!

one day i am going to do this to my bike unless i get a naked bike first. i mean the FZ6 is almost naked even with faring, but seeing something like this makes me want to go "true" naked with it

and when i say "do this" to my bike i mean the color, style, parts....everything!

hope you don't mind, OP? and i hope its not too epxensive? maybe corners can be cut, or i can do it bit by bit? but this nearly BLACKED OUT 'n NEKKED FZ6 looks sweet, those exhaust tips, perfection! and the flyscreen is just right! not an easy look for a naked bike

thanks for the inspiration :cheer:

doesn't help much against wind, but..!
ImageShack - img00015201011061030.jpg

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
One of my riding friends traded in his FZ6 for a Tiger recently.

So of course while we were out riding today we were on the look out for places he could take it off road.

Well we came across a neat little gravel road that goes back through some farms and is also used for hunting.

Eventually it turned into more of a grass/dirt double track.

Fun never the less, so much fun getting on the gas hard on a street bike in the gravel. Can drift it around and what not.

The grass dirt portions however were a bit bumpy so I had to exercise a bit more caution.

Finding off road routes to explore is so much fun, now I have to relocate myself to somewhere these types of things would be more common.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Floor jack, hammer, skateboard; what's going on here??

Funny how its hard to stop... Same problem here. I went after the the misc silver bits on an otherwise black bike! Go For It! All Black! :thumbup:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Floor jack, hammer, skateboard; what's going on here??

Funny how its hard to stop... Same problem here. I went after the the misc silver bits on an otherwise black bike! Go For It! All Black! :thumbup:

I had to drop the forks out of the triple trees to get the headlight brackets mounted around the forks. So I used the floor jack to lift the front end of the bike up by the headers. The skateboard went in between the floor jack and the headers to evenly distribute the weight. The rubber mallet, well I usually use that to tape on wrenches when I'm loosening something up. In this case I was swapping out the pedals on my girlfriends mountain bike and forgot to put it away.

Note my girlfriends bicycle with no pedals in the background.

I'm actually really really happy with this headlight setup so far. I haven't finished all of the wiring, but the quality is leaps better than my previous two attempts already.

Last edited: